What type of music (if any) do you play during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
As the title says really!:lol:

I have some lovely relaxing cd's for facials, massage etc, but I don't know about when I'm doing nails.

Do you tend to have music on, if so what sort?

The sex pistols....:eek::eek:

Only joking....:green:

If its skin care or body treatments,then its relaxing,soothing guitar,piano,or acoustic.

For waxing i leave on wave 105 which is our local radio station,or RFM,which is a french equivalent of "best of the 80s":eek::lol:,which is on broadband.

Clients always drift away with relaxing music...and i HATE whal or dolphin music:rolleyes::lol:

I tend to adapt the music to the type / age of client, but more often than not I ask if they have any preference.

Most clients are fine with the normal radio station playing all up-to-date songs etc (nail treatments usually), but if I can see a client looks tired after a long day sometimes the radio goes off and its just pure silence - something else they really enjoy with a nice cuppa!! :)

Just remember to get a music lisence from the performing rights society otherwise you get a nice wacking fine to pay!

Just remember to get a music lisence from the performing rights society otherwise you get a nice wacking fine to pay!

Really?:eek: Didn't know about that.

For massage's and stuff, fave current albums are:

Mandarian Oriental Spa - Oriental Wisdom 2
Bliss - Hundred Thousand Angels
Bliss - Through These Eyes
Malmaison - Album 2 (only available to buy from the hotel reception)
Classic FM - Music for Bathtime
Classic FM - Smooth Classics for Rough Days (3 disc collection)

For a slightly more upbeat energising massage maybe some stuff from Deep Forest.

When will it end, so much money is eaten up when running a business. Ok I can see the need for our own insurance, stock etc but license to play music. Its not cheap either! Someone told me to get a licence for black and white tv because it will cover you for your radio or something of the sort, i didnt look into it because it didnt make sense?! x

I always have the radio silently playing in the background.. The station i like is Triple J.. plays a nice mix of indie and some of the more obscure..
I would like someone to try and charge me to hear it too.. I was born with the gift of the gab, da reckons.. I could have believing i'd done nothing wrong by the end of the conversation.. :green:

Still.. I would tell them to shove it Amb. No offense, you know me:hug:, but does anyone actually do this?
It takes the p tbh.
who actually polices this?

I heard it was sting lmao... sorry couldn't resist that :)

ENYA, DEEP FOREST, but for me it's trance and more trance, the only difference with the age of clients is the volume :)

ENYA, DEEP FOREST, but for me it's trance and more trance, the only difference with the age of clients is the volume :)

Now I love trance but if I was listening to it I wouldn't get anything done:)

hey with the performance licence i think it is an organisation that charges per year to give money to the performers of the music because in a public place/business i suppose you are entertaining clients with the music therefore using them to aid your business (but dont quote me on this!!lol)
There are people who enforce this there main trick is to ring up your salon ask you questions about treatments and hear if there is music playing in the background!! sly, i know, cause it happened to a salon down the road from where i was working.
They then rang her later asking if she had a license to play music she said no and that she didnt play music and refused to buy one!
They obviously had previous evidence she did. As she refused to buy one they fined her (not sure how much tho) and took her to court.
i know its a pain and extra money being squeezed out of you but its really not worth the above for the sake of a few quid!!

I had a telephone call a few months ago from the PRS (Performing Rights Society) and they asked me if I worked at home or a salon, I said at home and they said fine and ended the call.

As it happens, I don't play music at all, not everyone's into Hendrix!

when I was working in a salon I awlays had the radio on so there was a mix and match of music, thing is I love music and kept singing along :lol: cant have bn that bad no one complained lol

Ohh yeah i feel you with that one...:green:

Thankyou for all your suggestions. :hug: (Although I might give the trance a miss - sorry Carl!!:lol::lol:)

Interesting about being checked up on for playing music too though. So does that mean that cd's bought specially for salons/spas like all the relaxing music has already had royalties paid on it or do we have to pay to cover those too?

Latest posts

Back