What type of tips do you all prefer???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gailz Nailz

Reaction score
Im looking for tips that you barely have to blend because some tips i have used just dont want to blend in and you can still see the tip through the acrylic. I want to use the half well tips. So what would be the best brand to purchase for nice results :?: :?:

I prefer Velocity (CND suprise), but saying that... you can have a prefrence... but you should carry at least 2 if not 3 types of tips at all times.

This is because most tips all have differing C Curves. Fitting the C Curve is the most important aspect of tip fitting.

Velocity has a micro contact area, but a dramatic C Curve. It fits most people... but not as many as say Formation.

Customise your tips to your clients... not your clients to your tips! Um... actually... thats not a bad idea... drop all clients that dont fit the tip you prefer to work with... hmmm... I like that idea... :revolve:

I use a no-name kinda tip from Jenny Markasis <sp?> at Fantastic Nails here in Australia.

They are shaped like Velocity - with a tiny contact area, but are so so so thin... you can bend them in half and they won't crease. They take very very minimal blending and are the only tip I use for everyone.

They are called Natural Curve, but for more info you might need to contact Jenny. Her email is [email protected]

I use OPI Dimension and Perpective tips with an occassional venture into Velocity land. My saying is :silly: "If the tip won't fit, its time to sculpt!"

hi

i have tried alot of differnet tips but i must agree with the geek i love the CND tips they are so much easier to blend and the french white tips nothing else can match theirs

:salute:

I usually use OPI perspective tips (those are the half well aren't they Ange?)
It seems like I have about 6 different kinds of tips but those are the ones that I use the most because they are the only ones sold here on this Island and I can get refills fast without having to wait for the mail. So I guess availability is important.

I did just order those well-less tips that Vicki Peters recommended. I am looking forward to trying those out.

Hi there, I like CND Velocity and Formation and also OPI Perspective. Also Millenium do a good tip called Salon Gold.

I like the CND Velocity and Formation tips as well. I prefer the clear tips cause there's very little blending necessary.

Christie's Nails said:
I usually use OPI perspective tips (those are the half well aren't they Ange?)
It seems like I have about 6 different kinds of tips but those are the ones that I use the most because they are the only ones sold here on this Island and I can get refills fast without having to wait for the mail. So I guess availability is important.

I did just order those well-less tips that Vicki Peters recommended. I am looking forward to trying those out.

Hi Christie, that's what I use (when I have to tip LOL...)...Perspective, I also have Velocity and couple others...let me know how you like the new tips! I'm thinking about ordering them too...

Yes, Christie, the Perspective tips are the half-well natural tips and the Dimension are OPI's white half-well tips. I have used many tips and these are still my favorite. They are thin and flexible and blend like butter! ;)

Thank you all...i will keep these tips in mind when i start my ordering :D

I just got the well less tips that Vicki Peters recommended. They really look cool! Can't wait to try them. But what is even cooler is the company sent a bunch of samples of colored tips and a pack of clear tips. I am going to order a full set of the clear ones (they are half well). They feel very flexible. Not rigid at all. I really like the way they feel... I can imagine they would be easy to coax into that C curve. I was just reading Vicki Peters article in Nails Mag about pinching C curves. I had thought that you would only do that when using forms...but seems they do it with tips too...to really get the nice C shape. I think these tips would work well for that.
These tips are from Tully Beauty supply.. 1-800-819-9932 if outside Ca.

I use them, I love them. They are by TT. A littlepricey but worth it! :)

Can you get the well-less tips any where on the web?

Kitty, call 1-408-531-1502 ask Steve for the "Vickie" tips. He will know what you mean! :D

The Nail Geek said:
I prefer Velocity (CND suprise), but saying that... you can have a prefrence... but you should carry at least 2 if not 3 types of tips at all times.

This is because most tips all have differing C Curves. Fitting the C Curve is the most important aspect of tip fitting.

Velocity has a micro contact area, but a dramatic C Curve. It fits most people... but not as many as say Formation.

Customise your tips to your clients... not your clients to your tips! Um... actually... thats not a bad idea... drop all clients that dont fit the tip you prefer to work with... hmmm... I like that idea... :revolve:
As a pretty new nail technician......where can i get the velocity tips from.
And could anybody tell me which is the best acrylic to use. I have used OPI and am now using ONS.......any advice would be fantastic, as I'm not sure which is the best product out there....thanks a bunch

im a sculptor so i rarely use tips. i do keep a few in though and i like the millenium range- especially salon gold , french white and clear. they are major good value. the young nails tips are excellent too - very lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back