What UV gel do you use, and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
As some of you know I am using The Edge. But not for long.

After more research, I am thinking of ibd, or nsi.
I have only been my own boss mobile/home based for 6 months, and don't want to run before I can walk with expenses.

So I need to move up a notch from The Edge to a better Gel.
What do you use and why..and what would you recommend?

iv used nsi hun and i honestly didnt like it, it says in the instructions to obv use a very thin layer however i found the consistancy rather thick and gloopy and hard to work with x

I was looking for a thicker consistancy, as The edge is really runny, and I find building the Apex and stress area a pain. Gloopy tho, hmmm not liking the sound of that.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I haven't tried alot of different brands but I use Harmony Gelish hard gel and I love it:) Their builder gels are a nice thick consistency and they also have a thinner clear gel that you can use to fill in gaps or as a top coat if you want. They are similar in price I think as NSI:)

Is this just for led lamps only?

I have just brought the nail harmony ghg gel and I love it so far

Tracy x

What tips do you use with it hun?

I like the look of nsi DuraTips

i have used both IBD and NSI and i dont rate either, go for some quality products hun, it will improve your business no end!! hard gel i would say CND, soft gel bio sculpture.

i know it seems alot of money to pay out in one go but trust me, i have been through alot of products and training and wish i had gone with the best in the beginning, i would have saved myself a fortune.xx

I was thinking about CND, but because it is suggested to do a conversion course, and having to buy the lamp. It just is out of my price range atm.

I have just brought a new uv lamp for my gels. This is partly why I am swaying more towards nsi, then ibd for the same reason as lamp situation.

I understand what you are saying though. And I agree. But unfortunately, being a small business, means little funds and I don't want to get myself into money bother before I started.

So I am going for an inbetweener of The Edge and CND levels to building myself up slowly :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about CND, but because it is suggested to do a conversion course, and having to buy the lamp. It just is out of my price range atm.

I have just brought a new uv lamp for my gels. This is partly why I am swaying more towards nsi, then ibd for the same reason as lamp situation.

I understand what you are saying though. And I agree. But unfortunately, being a small business, means little funds and I don't want to get myself into money bother before I started.

So I am going for an inbetweener of The Edge and CND levels to building myself up slowly :)

you beat me to it evangelinegrace!! the lamp is included in the conversion price but also you will get so much more for your money...

if you added up how much you are going to spend with NSI or whoever once you have bought base, top, pink, white and clear gel plus all the other bits i bet there isnt much in it??the cnd conversion you get EVERYTHING you need to get going and the training is included!!! on top of that your business will grow so much quicker with quality products and you will soon earn back what you have spent.

i have only been going 6 months and every penny i earn goes back into the business, i am only buying decent products that ii know will not only help me create good looking nails but nails that STAY looking great until the client returns to me!! if they do not last clients will soon get fed up and go elsewhere. The proof is in the pudding as they say!!

whatever you choose i wish you luck but would also be interested to hear how you get on and if you do change products again, i started in nails 15 years ago and always went with cheaper brands and never got anywhere!! then i invested money into quality and things are just starting to turn for me xx

HI there,

I use NSI balance gels and love them - I wouldn't say they not a quality gel as mentioned above. I think they are a good quality gel. I use the whole system and can't fault it at all.

I use the balance builder gels - I love their self levelling, it's nice and quick. For those days when it's hot (so not many of them here in the UK then) I use the body builder gels as the other one gets a bit runny, and these are perfect for warmer climates.

My only criticism would be that their range of colour gels is limited and they could do better on that score!

HI there,

I use NSI balance gels and love them - I wouldn't say they not a quality gel as mentioned above. I think they are a good quality gel. I use the whole system and can't fault it at all.

I use the balance builder gels - I love their self levelling, it's nice and quick. For those days when it's hot (so not many of them here in the UK then) I use the body builder gels as the other one gets a bit runny, and these are perfect for warmer climates.

My only criticism would be that their range of colour gels is limited and they could do better on that score!

Ahhh sounds great. I was kinda feeling put off. But you have restored my faith in nsi hehe.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of CND. But the conversion course is abit of a pain, if truth be known, purely because I have children and find it hard to get a conversion course near me. The price is worth it if you get the package though. But for now I wanted something easier to get hold of, and it seems nsi is the one for me!!

No Harmony hard gels are not LED only, they can be cured with any 36W Uv-lamp:)

Nsi for me too!
I love it I always use the body builder which you can get a lovely shape with and French white, my clients go 3 weeks between appointment and I don't very often have a problem.

CND Brisa for me! I originally trained with Calgel (and still offer it for the right clients) and I am amazed buy how easy it is to work with, especially for building an apex, you put it there and it stays!!!! Once I had the CND lamp it then didn't cost very much to start introducing Shellac into my business and I have just invested in a second lamp for speed and client comfort. So happy with my decision. Good luck!

for enhancements i use backscratchers and gels jessica because both look after the nail really well and not wreck or damage the nails plate an ive been told backscratchers do a gel now too and the company are lovely

I use ENP uv gel system, I find it very good. Although it is the only one Ive used I have been getting gel nails long before and there are some gels that are gloopy but I love the way ENPs gel levels and its easy to sculpt with. I also use their well-less tips but my suppliers only do them in separate sizes which ia a bit of a pain! I am considering a conversion course with CND in the future though.

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Hello

I have some severe allergy and I think if I can suffer of allergy my customers can as well. And there is a articles about allergy from nails at the moment in my country, so de clients are aware of the hazards.
So for me it's Light Elegance. Not a cheap brand but it's is LOVED by both me and clients, I have some other pots from training left and offer them as well, at a good barging price, but nobody want that gel.
To cut my expenses a bit, I mix my one colors with de extreme gel and pigments or glitter. Gives me unlimited color choices. A good client wants a good product in the long run it's cheaper for them to have quality on, so my advice to U is: Buy a good quality stock, U can save money mixing colors and glitters by U self, so It feels like heaven to the costumer.( I use allergy tested pigments and glitters, and use my gel so I don't break the product chain) I don’t do soak of nailpolish so I can't give U a bone there...

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of CND. But the conversion course is abit of a pain, if truth be known, purely because I have children and find it hard to get a conversion course near me.

So would you not be going to the NSI/ whatever brand you chose conversion course?

Latest posts

Back