What was I doing wrong??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought some little pots of glitter to use on nails, last night i attempted my own nails and i used gel, I dipped the tips into the glitter and when i put them under the uv lamp to cure them, they got really hot!

what was i doing wrong? my nails look nice but i cant expect to do it on a client with it feeling that uncomfortable....help!

UPDATE:Hi all,

Further to my first post about this i have done 3 more sets of gels, 2 were fine but last night i did my friend and she said her nails got so hot like they were burning and she had to take them out the lamp, She is pregnant and said maybe she was more sensitive than normal but im sooo worried about doing anymore sets - its really knocked my confidence,

any ideas why this has happened??

when i did my training (CND), was told that if it got hot in the UV lamp, to just take the hand out, then put it back in again.....

reason for getting hot......product had been applied to thickly.

hth

Hi there, maybe it was quite thick where I had applied the glitter??

im not too sure about that. i havent used any glitter with gel before. just plain ole pink and white...might have to give it a go sometime.

did you just dip the finger into the glitter?
have you got any pics?

Yeah i did clear where i would normally put white then dipped my fingers in tapped off the excess cured it then put my clear builder layer over the top!

They look good just not sure why thay got so hot - i didnt apply the product any thicker than a normal pink and white set so not sure whats happened.....??

no pics at the mo. need to get my camera repaired!

i notice you havent filled your profile out. perhaps if you did that, them some other more experienced techs on here may be able to help.
what product brand are you using?

Ok thanks, havent been using this site long so still working it all out! Im using NSI products and the balance gel system.

just bumping this up to see if anyone can help me

just bumping this up to see if anyone can help me

Did you not use NSI pre mixed glitter gel ?
i think maybe the product has been applied to thick .... i would have brushed on the glitter and not dipped ....
NSI have a step by step guide to using there glitter products live on there web site check it out its really useful ...
sorry can be much help xxx

When doing glitter tips, I always dip my brush in gel first, then into the glitter (shaking off any excess) and then applying to the nail.

However, it's always a good idea though to put one pot of gel aside specifically for this type of application, or else you will be appyling glitter to everyone's nails! Failing that, you could always pre-mix your glitters with your gels.

Mixing the gel with the glitter shouldn't make it hot

This sounds very odd??

Did you use the same gel with the glitter as you did to seal over with?

Gina x

Latest posts

Back