What was the lowest point in your life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a few years ago now.

I was with my ex and he battered me senseless, for no reason. Repeatedly hitting my head off stone walls. He once kicked my shin with his steel toe capped boots so hard that I couldn't walk properly for a while and it was bruised for months.

It was so bad that I couldn't go to my cousin's wedding in summer because I had hand prints around my neck. He totally berated me and mentally and physically abused me and I didn't want to be with him at the end. But he made sure that I was too scared to leave.

Then he started cheating on me which was the best thing he could ever have done to me. He told her he was sorry but he had a kid and was that ok. I don't care how much of a dick you are, you never, ever apologise for your daughter.

The day I kicked him out was the most liberating day of my life.

Course he wasn't done and he kept turning up at my flat, battering at the door, and screaming in the street. It got to the stage where I was sat in the flat with ni lights or telly so he wouldn't know that I was in.

He told me so many times how utterly useless and hideously ugly, etc I was. Those mental scars are worse than the physical ones.

I'm still working on getting my confidence back and I'm getting there, thanks to my wonderful family and friends :)

Here's a quote

When you hit rock bottom in life,
don't rush to get back up on your feet.
Take your time and work your way
up slowly. No rushing.

It's such an emotionally delicate time and we need to be very gentle with ourselves.

It doesn't quite feel right clicking heart on some of these posts but my own heart goes out to you all. xx:hug:

A couple years back I lost my nan and great nan in the space of a year which hit me very hard, followed by splitting from my first serious boyfriend, it took a good two years to get over it all, but I can honestly say now I feel better than ever, hope all you lovely ladies come out of your tough times stronger xxxx

Mine is a few years ago now.

I was with my ex and he battered me senseless, for no reason. Repeatedly hitting my head off stone walls. He once kicked my shin with his steel toe capped boots so hard that I couldn't walk properly for a while and it was bruised for months.

It was so bad that I couldn't go to my cousin's wedding in summer because I had hand prints around my neck. He totally berated me and mentally and physically abused me and I didn't want to be with him at the end. But he made sure that I was too scared to leave.

Then he started cheating on me which was the best thing he could ever have done to me. He told her he was sorry but he had a kid and was that ok. I don't care how much of a dick you are, you never, ever apologise for your daughter.

Course he wasn't done and he kept turning up at my flat, battering at the door, and screaming in the street. It got to the stage where I was sat in the flat with ni lights or telly so he wouldn't know that I was in.

He told me so many times how utterly useless and hideously ugly, etc I was. Those mental scars are worse than the physical ones.

I'm still working on getting my confidence back and I'm getting there, thanks to my wonderful family and friends :)

So sad to read this, sending lots of love and hugs to you and very happy your getting back on your feet! Xxxx

It doesn't quite feel right clicking heart on some of these posts but my own heart goes out to you all. xx:hug:

Was thinking exactly the same thing! My heart also goes out to you all xx

So sad to read this, sending lots of love and hugs to you and very happy your getting back on your feet! Xxxx

Awww, bless you.

It has taken time, and a LOT of patience from my boyfriend because I didn't want to get hurt again :o Poor bloke hung around when most would've run a mile :p

I've come out of it all the more determined to succeed :)

Thank you for your very kind words :hugs:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Went to heart do many then thought that's wrong.

I was just sending love to everyone that's wrote on here!! I have had my ups and down with postnatal depression, suffering with blood clots on my lungs at 8 weeks pregnant and the full pregnancy was just a massive roller coaster ride, not been sure of the out come!! And just reading all this makes you realise, that you aren't the only one suffering or the only one having a bad day, week or a year!! And the light at the end of the tunnel will come, but you can't rush it!! And this thread makes you feel stronger and not a lone!! Love to you all xxxxx

The whole of 2013 has been the lowest point in my life for various reasonsv(which I won't go in to) but with right now probably being the lowest, losing someone very special to me, knowing they should/could still be here and having health problems myself that don't really get discussed so no one knows how I feel (other than my amazing fella). However, I've had a big life change thos year which means it should be the happiest year of my life, but everything else seems to be overshadowing it :( Roll on 2014. This year has definitely had the number 13 jinx for me!!!

My heart goes out to you all xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Awww, bless you.

It has taken time, and a LOT of patience from my boyfriend because I didn't want to get hurt again :o Poor bloke hung around when most would've run a mile :p

I've come out of it all the more determined to succeed :)

Thank you for your very kind words :hugs:

Sounds like you've got the two most important things, support and motivation! Good on you!! :D xxxx

Tonicj....... any chance of a post with " What's the highest point/ highlight in your life" (without kids being mentioned ) ha ha.... this thread is depressing beyond words ...surely there must be someone with something positive and happy to share! X

I actually can't click like on some of these! They sound so awful and I don't "like" them!
Hugs to everyone!

Yes let's have an opposite thread as well! We need some positive thoughts!
X

Tonicj....... any chance of a post with " What's the highest point/ highlight in your life" (without kids being mentioned ) ha ha.... this thread is depressing beyond words ...surely there must be someone with something positive and happy to share! X

I have something positive and happy to share (although being overshadowed a little at the moment, it's still the best thing ever) and no.... it's not kids haha ;) xxx

I have something positive and happy to share (although being overshadowed a little at the moment, it's still the best thing ever) and no.... it's not kids haha ;) xxx

Do share.... Please

Morning Virtues, I agree it is quite depressing but then again the thread is about the lowest point in lives. Sometimes people have things going on that maybe they want to talk about and talking can be a positive thing! When I logged in this morning I saw this thred followed immediately by another by me Most tearful film and I went jezzzz, move out of the way thread;). Anyway I'm sure it will die out soon when something more interesting comes along, maybe something by your good self Virtues:). On a closing note there is a positive to this thread and that is it should make others count their blessings, also I'm thinking of retiring from creating threads for a little while as I have had a touch of thread mania recently xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was when i was 16 and was moved to manchester from my home in Wales when my mum got a new job. I was in a deep depression leaving my friends, boyfriend and everything i knew. I eventually moved back home in with my dad and his wife after a couple of months of not settling in, i enrolled into college to do my a levels and with in a month she had made me homeless!! She was crazy and thought it would be funny to invite me in then get rid of me out of the equation, my dad has no balls so excepted it! We don't talk anymore, it has been over 10 years now and I'm happy, got my own house, husband, little girl and my business. I finished my a levels and came back to manchester asap to do my beauty course. I couldn't tell my mum at the time i was made homeless out of pride but she was great! I look back to that point in my life and cant actually believe i made it through! But its still very raw when i think about it all especially since i don't have my dad around anymore because of that fat ugly b***h! Unless i get a divorce nothing will ever compare to that feeling of utter helplessness and loneliness but its done with and I'm so grateful for what i have now

I like this bit:green:

And your avatar is beautiful!

Mine was when i was 16 and was moved to manchester from my home in Wales when my mum got a new job. I was in a deep depression leaving my friends, boyfriend and everything i knew. I eventually moved back home in with my dad and his wife after a couple of months of not settling in, i enrolled into college to do my a levels and with in a month she had made me homeless!! She was crazy and thought it would be funny to invite me in then get rid of me out of the equation, my dad has no balls so excepted it! We don't talk anymore, it has been over 10 years now and I'm happy, got my own house, husband, little girl and my business. I finished my a levels and came back to manchester asap to do my beauty course. I couldn't tell my mum at the time i was made homeless out of pride but she was great! I look back to that point in my life and cant actually believe i made it through! But its still very raw when i think about it all especially since i don't have my dad around anymore because of that fat ugly b***h! Unless i get a divorce nothing will ever compare to that feeling of utter helplessness and loneliness but its done with and I'm so grateful for what i have now

Your story is really sad but also empowering at the same time - in the face of hopelessness you still fought your way through and made something great out of your life - you should be very proud of yourself!

Latest posts

Back