What wax do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What wax

• Creme

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Clear Honey type stuff

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Hard wax for everything?

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Dont care - I shave!

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
The reason I ask, is because for warm waxing i.e leg under arm etc I use Creme wax. I dont know why always have I suppose.

Anyway the number of clients who say "WHATS THAT?" I explain and almost every single one of them say "Oh ok!" Except one lady today who said "No I dont want that - this is the most important wax of my life because I am getting married on Saturday!" With that she upped and left????

Is Creme wax so bad? Should I change?

Jacqui

What wax did she expect to see? I use cream wax all the time (tea tree) and have found it is more suited to most than the traditional honey wax type.

Has this client been to you before?

No she was a brand new client. I explained everything but she just said "No Sorry!

Weird??

How odd.Ive never had this happen and no one has ever really questioned the use of the creme wax, i thought lots of therapists use it.Maybe she has had hot wax in the past for underarms and expected that.
I always use cream wax for underarms and bikini and roller honey wax for larger areas.If it were not so expensive i would use film or hot wax for under arm and bikini but because it cant be recycled you have to charge quite a bit to make a profit.

Sounds to me she is one of those clients that know more than we do ! lmao

I think you've probably had a lucky escape, if she didn't even give you chance to explain she seems a bit strange to me !!

I use 2 types...hard wax and creme wax...so i could nt vote for an option for several waxes...:!:

I just love my ABC heater,had a client today for full leg wax,and tried the roller ball wax....couldnt shift the hair like my ABC and Perron Rigot...:)

I use hard wax for bikini & underarm, and phd honey wax for most other areas... tea tree for sensitive skin. PhD just released a creme wax though and i intend to buy it.

At the end of the day, if she was getting waxed for her own wedding, any normal person would visit the therapist at least once before hand to check that they are happy......

i wouldn't worry about it.... she's obviously a very stressed bride!

I use hard wax for bikini & underarm, and phd honey wax for most other areas... tea tree for sensitive skin. PhD just released a creme wax though and i intend to buy it.

At the end of the day, if she was getting waxed for her own wedding, any normal person would visit the therapist at least once before hand to check that they are happy......

i wouldn't worry about it.... she's obviously a very stressed bride!
Hard wax is the bees knees for underarm and bikini....i just wish i could pack it in my suitcase...LOl,its my best friend...

As for your client she sounds a right wierd one...:eek:....some clients just wont be "educated":rolleyes:

Yeah I think its pre wedding jitters. Only thing I can put it down to!

Thanks for your comments and support, just needed a bit of reassurance that I wasnt working with the old fashioned methods! :lol:

Jacqui
x

Yeh sounds like stressed bride to me as well.

I used choco wax when I was working in a salon for everything, everyone I used it on just loved it, not one complaint.

:hug:

I have always used Honey wax for every type of waxing I do. However, I have found a great cream wax that I love... but I still resort back to my honey wax for braz waxes.

Honestly, the type of wax you use should not make the difference. A good waxing experience is based like this... 30% is type of wax, and 70% is good technique.

I had a client once that got mad at me for using a wax that had a purple dye in instead of being a honey colour and insisted that it was making her hair grow back faster!!!

I find some clients get funny too if they notice I have a different wax, they claim it hurt more.

One woman called and asked what kind of wax I used and wanted cream wax. I honestly don't like those, I too like huberella go back to my honey wax, goes on nice and see through. For me one of the biggest reasons I didn't like the cream.

aj

Thanks for all your replies they have helped. When you work on your own sometimes your confidence takes a battering and you start to question even the silliest of things!

You have all put my mind at rest now! I have a large number of clients that say that my waxing doesnt hurt as much as other salons, so I will just put this one to bed and move on!

Thanks Geeks!
Jacqui
x

I use the Hive Creme Tea Tree Wax, I find most clients prefer this to the honey wax as they feel that there skin is less sensitive afterwards, and it removes the hair just as good as the honey wax.

I use Phd new lavander cream wax, it's looooovely!!!! I also use depileve hot film wax for bikini u'arms and men. I use it hygienically though, i snap my spatuals in half and use a new one every time i apply any wax, this may mean using ten spatulas for a client. At the end of the day how much do spatulas cost?! I would rather use wax safely and let my clients know it than being tight and possibly infecting them all!

Defo try the new Phd waxes if you have the system, they are really nice.

I use Phd new lavander cream wax, it's looooovely!!!!

*jealous face* i tried to get some of the new phd waxes but they're "unavailable" already!! boo!!!

Glad to get some fedback on it though... looking forward to getting some now!!

I use Phd new lavander cream wax, it's looooovely!!!! I also use depileve hot film wax for bikini u'arms and men. I use it hygienically though, i snap my spatuals in half and use a new one every time i apply any wax, this may mean using ten spatulas for a client. At the end of the day how much do spatulas cost?! I would rather use wax safely and let my clients know it than being tight and possibly infecting them all!

Wax does not contain any water, so it is not an ideal place for bacteria and viruses etc to thrive. And if you think those rollers are any better.... think again. They continually roll right back into the wax after being on your client's skin, which is no different than using the same spatuala.

Hi there,

Sorry but i just wanted to clarify something. PhD is not a roller system. It has a gateway that prevents any wax going back into the tube which ensures that the client is getting clean wax every time, all the time.

Additionally, it is my understanding that just by introducing a piece of skin, or something else from the human body to the wax this could intriduce an element of water. Heating the wax to the melting point would not kill any bacteria that may exist. Therefore in my opinion it is always advisable to use best hygiene practises.

I use cream wax!!!! Find it so much better than the honey wax & hard wax!! Smells fab too, just got one that smells of chocolate, ummmmm!! :)

i use cream and honey wax

i think your client was rude but hey she does sound like a stressing bride to be

Latest posts

Back