What What demos did you show at your open evening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahcutekitten

Reaction score
I just wandered if I could pick your brains :irked:.

I have an open evening on Thurs and I invited a friend to do some make-up demos (she works for Virgin vie) and another friend (Nail technician) to show off her nail art or maybe do a nail enhancements. I am going to do a spray tan demonstration but wasn't really sure what else I could demo.

I do hot stone massage but am unsure how to demo that if the door is open for all to see. I also use Creative Spa Man & Ped, Any ideas how to show short demos of these? Also how much of a facial would be suitable to demo?

I am going to make up some pamper packs and maybe do a raffle.

Any Help is of course much appreciated.

Sarah x

I had my launch just over a year ago and deliberated over demos for ages, in the end i had products decanted into lovely glass dishes for people to sample and sniff, i had little cards done up with treatment descriptions they were lamenated a5 and got passed around alot. I have to say nothing attracts clients like a discount i offered 25% off all bookings made on the night. (over 30 in the end)
In the end i spent the whole time talking to people , people need to be sold on you as well as the treatments availbale.
Cocktails were good fun too and meant that everyone had a fab time. Without that launch it would have taken a really long time to build up my business.
i've just recently had my anniversary bash, invited all off my existing clients and made it a bit of party to say thank you, little touches like handmade cupcakes and a glass of bucks fizz were nice touches. Again no demos just talking to people is what does it, being super friendly and gaining their confidence in you.

Its really nerveracking i know, let your friends demo, but i would say for you just get talking to people. good luck hun let us know how you get on xx:hug:

Thanks Esther, I think you are right about not doing Demos. People are bound to be wanting to meet me and speak to me. I'm just so nervous :eek:

Latest posts

Back