What white do you use over acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what white gel you all use over acrylic- if you do your French that way.
Most of my clients change their design every 2 -3 weeks so I was doing it that way to make the rebalance easier.
I use gelish Sheek white but was looking for something with slightly thicker coverage, and then what top coat would you use.
Thanks.x

Shellac.......then file it off when it comes to maintenance. It lasts all that time and provides a super gloss.

You could even consider to use Brisa Lit sculpting get for the enhancement and the Shellac on top....removes like a dream with a nourishing remover wrap x

Thanks lady I was thinking of something slightly thicker, I thought shellac was around the same consistency as gelish.x

How about having a look at gelish hard gel? I don't use it but am very interested in it.

Or acrylic paint? It gives good coverage xxx

Shellac cream puff and Gelish sheek white are worlds apart. I've always found Gelish Sheek White to be very watery and tough to get good coverage with, usually 3 coats gives opaque coverage, Cream puff is much thicker in consistency , can't be a little tricky at times, but gives full opaque coverage in one coat.

Shellac cream puff and Gelish sheek white are worlds apart. I've always found Gelish Sheek White to be very watery and tough to get good coverage with, usually 3 coats gives opaque coverage, Cream puff is much thicker in consistency , can't be a little tricky at times, but gives full opaque coverage in one coat.

Thanks that's what I am looking for as you say Sheek white is too watery, I've been thinking of trying shellac so maybe this is my excuse lol.

I also use young nails, so think I will experiment with their white over the acrylic ( that would be the same principle as using gelish hard gel). Think I'm just looking for that magic combo to make acrylic French easier to change for a totally different look.x

Thanks for your replies.

How old is your bottle of sheek white? The consistency has changed considerably in the newer bottles and the coverage is much much better. Arctic white also gives great coverage in comparison to the old watery sheek white xxx

Latest posts

Back