What will fragrance my room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I’m always on the look out for a diffuser or something similar which will fill my room with beautiful fragrance, ideally I’d like something fruity and uplifting, and maybe a different scent of something super relaxing for chill out sessions

What does everyone use?

Have you thought of making your own bespoke fragrances? If you have a reed diffuser you could re use it.
Bergamot/orange/grapefruit and lime would be very fresh and uplifting.
Lavender /ylang ylang /patchouli/geranium would be a relaxing blend. Maybe not all but a combination of those suggested would be a starting point.

Like anything it is personal choice, sorry I can't suggest a brand because I don't buy them.
I trained using the Shirley Price methodology, and used Tisserand oils. So look into them for ready blends if that's what you would prefer to do.

My essential oils in the salon fragrance my room and so I don't feel the need to. I occasionally use them in my pedicures and during my facials.

I used to have the candle type burner until one day it caught fire part way through a facial. Fortunately I was on hand to put the flames out with the water and flannels used during the facial. No harm was done!

Take a look at the new botanica range by air wick. Have just started using them to fragrance my home & they smell gorgeous & the scent lasts a long time.
I have the room spray (bought at Tesco) but I think I saw they do other products too.

Generally my Tisserand massage oils and my other products fragrance the room but vaporising essential oil blends work well.

You could use one of the Glade wax melts ceramic heaters and put your oil blend into the top dish.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289847857
I have 3 of these in the old plain black style as they heat up my facial products to the perfect temperature.
Difusers are good but of course you'll have the whirring noise.
I keep away from candles and flames!!

I agree with others about using essential oils for a gentle waft of fragrance.

I wouldn’t use the commercial plug-in type fragrances myself as I find things like that set off my migraines so I tend to be a fresh air freak and have my windows open all year round.

Generally my Tisserand massage oils and my other products fragrance the room but vaporising essential oil blends work well.

You could use one of the Glade wax melts ceramic heaters and put your oil blend into the top dish.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289847857
I have 3 of these in the old plain black style as they heat up my facial products to the perfect temperature.
Difusers are good but of course you'll have the whirring noise.
I keep away from candles and flames!!
They sound like a great idea for facial products, may I ask roughly how long it takes to warm up your products please? Being mobile in winter I find it difficult with cold products so some if these would be perfect if they don’t take too long.

I'd be swerving my treatment if I was a client, lavender gives me migraines, anything flowery triggers my hayfever sneezing and coughing o_O

When I go (rarely) for massages, and I love IHM, I havevto check they have an unscented oil to use. I can just about manage liquid talc if I can get a couple of antihistamines in me before the appointment.

They sound like a great idea for facial products, may I ask roughly how long it takes to warm up your products please? Being mobile in winter I find it difficult with cold products so some if these would be perfect if they don’t take too long.

If you want to heat things quickly, put the product straight into the ceramic dish-10 mins to heat up.
I set up for a facial well ahead of time so I put my products into little glass dishes (nightlighter size) and let them warm through for about 30 mins.

In the event that something gets too hot to use, tip it into a cold dish and the temperature immediately lowers.

If you want to heat things quickly, put the product straight into the ceramic dish-10 mins to heat up.
I set up for a facial well ahead of time so I put my products into little glass dishes (nightlighter size) and let them warm through for about 30 mins.

In the event that something gets too hot to use, tip it into a cold dish and the temperature immediately lowers.
Something to think about, thankyou.

I’m always on the look out for a diffuser or something similar which will fill my room with beautiful fragrance, ideally I’d like something fruity and uplifting, and maybe a different scent of something super relaxing for chill out sessions

What does everyone use?

Generally whatever makes you feel relaxed will in turn help you relax your client so what do you like?

Sainsburys has this amazing candle and matching oil in the cleaning section that I can never get enough of, so that would be an easy start.

I have so many essential oils I’ve built up over the years and have got quite good at blends but I always always end up using my favourite ones for my room that were also the first ones I bought, unless the client has a preference.

I put in my consultations (online and I’ve set up from home now was mobile before) what do they prefer, wax melt, diffuser or insense then I have that going when they arrive and the music they like also, gives them the chance to say if they don’t like a smell or scent like my friend put rose as an allergy on her form as it gives her migraines :) x

I use a neals Yard diffuser with a calming blend, could use their meditation blend or womans balance blend this one is one of my favourites.

I use a lamp/steam type gadget, I have no idea what its called, but it has lights that change and steam comes out with a lovely scent, I get oils from holland and barratt, orange and passionfruit being my favourite, everyone comments on the lovely scent.

I like the idea of mixing your own scents but if that’s not up your alley you could try and see if there are any local botanical shops where you live. Many shop owners will mix their own medleys and they come up with some great combinations.

I blend essential oils and pour them into diffusers I bought from MUJI. Most customizable and most potent smelling. Anything else is just a little too pedestrian for my taste or it doesn't fill the house with enough of a scent.
Candles are another good option,
Went to hallmark to get an invitations cards, found some candles by the Tyler Candle Company. Very strong candles, loving the scents High Maintenance, French Market, and Manly Man. If you haven’t tried Tyler candles, they are powerful, high in oils and worth a look!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back