What would you advise-text from potential client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have had someone enquiring about hair extensions and although I'm delighted that she has heard that I am using good quality hair I'm not really sure whether he hair will be ok for them? Below is the message she sent me:

"And my hair is still thinning! Not falling out just really fine! Really getting me down big time :(
blank.gif
! Iv been looking into extensions but a dont want rubbish ones and you seem to be the only person who doesn't use cheap crap! Would you be able to do it Do it for me? Even start off with a small amount then add If my hair is ok?"

Does anyone have any advise? She is blonde and I'm worried if her hair is that fine that you would see every bond? Or what if the hair is too heavy? Tash Jacks tend to be around 0.8g per strand I think, would this cause problems? I know I will need to do a consultation first but hoped some more experienced extensionists would be able to help? xx

Anyone? Had 55 views but no reply. Please help! xx

I can't see the pic hun so not sure how bad it is x

id be wary, personally id offer a strand test and add 4 or 5 test bonds to match in with her hair to see how it copes! - see what you think but id defo offer this 1st, leave them for up to 2 weeks and look for side effects

I would definatley require a strand test first.Apply a few in different areas on her head and see what happens.
When clients mention they have hair loss or natural shedding alot im normally inclined to tell them to wait for it to subside first.
I have turned big amounts of money down before because ive had a gut feeling about the client,or the hairs not suitable.
It does happen as extensions dont suit everyones hair.
I have fine hair and i used to have them put in myself but it sheds alot now and is very fine so i know i wouldnt be doing myself any favours if i put them in.
x

Thanks guys! So should I just randomly place them all over her head? Or should I clump two or three together in different areas? She says it's not falling out, it's just really fine? I'm guessing I would need to get her to pay for a full 25g of hair though cause is that not the smallest amount you can order at one time? You're right Crazybek, I would rather turn it down than lose money than do a full head and have all her hair fall out!! xx

Latest posts

Back