What would you call this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would you call this a Pedicure ? I wouldn't.... but some people might (like someone I was talking to today) - What do you think ? Or maybe you would refer to it as a Mini Pedi or Classic/Basic Pedi.

Soak/Foot File
Shape Nails
Cuticle Work
Scrub
Mini Massage
and then the painting.

They even said they would do it this way when doing a Manicure (without the foot file)

Whats your opinion ?

"Thanks"

What else would you add?

That's exactly what I offer as a pedicure never had any complaints so far lol

That's what I'd do with a pedi. Perhaps a foot mask is the only extra thing I'd add? What do you class as a full pedicure?

Thanks for your replies Ladies (I've learnt something new), What I didnt mention is that this service would take half an hour.

Do you take the same time or longer ?

Thankyou

p.s I've always believed that a mask should follow a scrub, but maybe as the years have gone by, maybe its not that way anymore.

p.s I've always believed that a mask should follow a scrub, but maybe as the years have gone by, maybe its not that way anymore.

Some salons near me offer a mask with a pedi. I don't purely because I don't really need to or have the time. People don't come to me for a spa pedicure so to speak, it's more of how fast can I transform their feet in half an hour.
Because I'm in a hair salon a lot of the ladies get pedis to fill up their time whilst waiting for a stylist, so to the clients the quicker the better. x

I do a lux pedi inc masque, it takes me an hour & 15 mins, (im mobile so inc set up) my basic pedi Doesn't include hard skin removal & Well never gets chosen! They always opt for the lux! Xx

1/2 hour? No I was taught pedicures took an hour. A little longer with mask and 1/2 hour longer with paraffin wax. All the steps are there but for the pedicure your taking about I think the therapist would have to rush and wouldn't do a brilliant job. Pedicures are a treat and defo shouldn't be rushed x

I'm mobile and thats exactly what my pedicure includes. Never had any complaints and it takes me 45-60 minutes, depending on the condition of the feet / cuticles etc.

Someone was asking me to do a pedi in 1/2 an hour, and I thought "no way could I offer a pedi service in that time". So its good to know that it is possible and that your clients are happy with this. As you said, your not offering a SpaPedi, would you mind sharing with me how long you spend on each bit, as this will give me some guideline as to what I should do if someone has only 1/2 to spare "thankyou"

What you described is what I offer as a pedicure it take 45 min and a luxury ped it with a foot file and mask with heated booties takes 1 hour 15 min :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Thanks all

When I was trained we were taught to use a foot file in every foot/pedi treatment.

I would never have thought that you could offer a Pedi Treatment without a foot file, but it seems that you can.

If some of you dont foot file, do you

Cuticle work/scrub/mini massage and paint in that 30min slot ?

Someone was asking me to do a pedi in 1/2 an hour, and I thought "no way could I offer a pedi service in that time". So its good to know that it is possible and that your clients are happy with this. As you said, your not offering a SpaPedi, would you mind sharing with me how long you spend on each bit, as this will give me some guideline as to what I should do if someone has only 1/2 to spare "thankyou"

It's taken me a while to get my times down as before I used to take nearly an hour. But pressure from the salon manager has made it like a military operation that I could do with my eyes shut now! Haha

Check & sanitise clients feet -2 mins

I use the micro plane foot file from s2 so I start with the hard skin removal on dry feet, then soak. - Roughly 5 minutes

Cut/shape nails. - 5 mins

remove polish & cuticle work with Cuticle away (which works wonders and makes my life soooo much easier.) - 10 mins

Foot scrub - 2 mins

Massage - depending on time/ if I have clients waiting or not i may take a bit longer. - 1 min each foot

'Squeak' nails- 1 min

Paint - 5 mins (extra if they would like nail art/gems)

Apply Solar oil & leg and foot spritz

They are rough times, I don't 100% stick to them all the time as some clients need a little extra time if they haven't had a pedi in a very long while but you sort of get the idea. Xx

It's taken me a while to get my times down as before I used to take nearly an hour. But pressure from the salon manager has made it like a military operation that I could do with my eyes shut now! Haha

Check & sanitise clients feet -2 mins

I use the micro plane foot file from s2 so I start with the hard skin removal on dry feet, then soak. - Roughly 5 minutes

Cut/shape nails. - 5 mins

remove polish & cuticle work with Cuticle away (which works wonders and makes my life soooo much easier.) - 10 mins

Foot scrub - 2 mins

Massage - depending on time/ if I have clients waiting or not i may take a bit longer. - 1 min each foot

'Squeak' nails- 1 min

Paint - 5 mins (extra if they would like nail art/gems)

Apply Solar oil & leg and foot spritz

They are rough times, I don't 100% stick to them all the time as some clients need a little extra time if they haven't had a pedi in a very long while but you sort of get the idea. Xx

"Thankyou", I have all those items, so I will give your routine ago and see how quick I can do it

I offer a mini which is half hour and includes the following
-foot soak
-nail file
-cuticle tidy
-mini massage
-polish
I then offer a deluxe at an hour long which include the above +
-full massage
-exfoliation
-use of foot file
-choice of mask or if no mask I lengthen the massage.

I offer a mini which is half hour and includes the following
-foot soak
-nail file
-cuticle tidy
-mini massage
-polish
I then offer a deluxe at an hour long which include the above +
-full massage
-exfoliation
-use of foot file
-choice of mask or if no mask I lengthen the massage.

Sounds good too, thankyou

Latest posts

Back