What would you do? After 6 days product chipped?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I shellacked a lady 6 days ago using Fedora. She's had shellac before and was a regular until a few months ago when money got tight, her mum still is a good regular.
She's messaged me today saying

"My nails are in a bad way :( About four have chipped already.
wondering if any of your other clients who use the brown colour have had probs? I haven't done anything unusual so thinking it may have been the polish or something?! It's really unusual as i know how hard wearing the shellac is"

now i know she's always been good but did have the odd pick just before her re-shellac but was always honest about this.
I used a tip i saw in the shellac lovers group when using a thicker bottle to use a new one first and then the older bottle and the second application was a little too thick on a couple to this could be the reason i guess.

I dont know if i should offer to re-do for free/ half price as i cant be sure if it was my fault or hers and she's usually been a good client.
This is the first problem i've had with someone i know can usually wear the product fine.

Thanks all :)

I have a client whom is 65+ and had worn enhancments for 10+ Years so when I intoduced shellac to her it was great as she is obv a nno client has them short . Yet when I started shellacing it was just not suitable,, I knew straight awAy as she kept comparing to l&p, to which I tried to explain it's not acrylic.

She now loves shellac and knows it's not industructable xx

Latest posts

Back