What would you do? Do you mix product ranges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, If offering a chocolate manicure or a chocolate facial or a Thai Mani/Pedi.

And you can get hold of a chocolate eyemake up remover/Thai or choco cuticle remover or a choco scrub etc.

So my question is: Do you just add bits from your other ranges even if there arent the same smell/product range? Please tell me what you do.

Hope you understand what I am trying to ask.

Thanks very much

If these products dont exist then I would substitute them with alternatives. I would use as many of the themed products that are available. But I assume most of the products you are going to use will have the same theme?

Thanks for the replie, Yes I am trying to use items from within the same group, but some items are missing from the range.

I have a choco mask (ellisons), but no matching cleanser/exfoliator/moisturser. and so was wandering what other people do?

I tend to think if you are advertising a choco facial it should be all choco thats used. What do others do?

Again with Mani/Pedi if you are doing a themed one, and it doesnt have all the products with the kit that you bought, does it seem alright just to use somthing else from another kit, which of course will work, but might smell different.

thanks

Hi, any ideas please

manythanks

Hi, just bumping this thread up.

What do you do? Thankyou

HI
I offer the chocolate facial and use my normal cleanser, toner and exfoliator (which are not perfumed) beforehand. I think a ful range of chocolate products might be a bit much.
Just my opinion. :)

When Haken was briefly introduced to the Australian market a while back, their choc mint range was quite popular. When they were no longer around, I couldn't get anything else so I started making my own.

I make my own chocolate facial product using cocoa powder and make variations such as choc mint and choc honey using food grade flavours.

Hi Kelpie, if possible could you give us a receipe for your chocolate range. Manythanks

i know hive do a choc wax

i am sure you can get choc paraffin wax also

i am sure it will be ok if not all products are choc, i think it would be a bit much if they were but then i am not a big choccie fan

Thanks for the replies.

So as I only have a choco mask, can I still advertise this as a chocolate facial as all the other products arent chocolate??

What would you call it?

Thanks

You could call it something like the "choco-flash" or something??

The only range that I know of which offers a facial which works totally on the benefits of chocolate is Karen Herzog's CoCO2. They have a chocolate cleanser, moisturiser and treatment cream....
The Karin Herzog Product Range

hth's

Beauty, often the facial is considered by folk to be the mask section of the ritual so to my mind if you advertise your choco mask as a facial then I don't see a problem with it. Given that oxygen therapy (ie topical application of oxygen) is being touted as a beauty regime, I think there are worse things that one could claim with a choco mask! :)

There are variations but I basically make my choco facial as follows:

1/3 cup cocoa powder or grated chocolate (Belgian drops)
3 tsp heavy cream
2 tsp cottage cheese
¼ cup honey (manuka)
3 tsp milled oats (not instant)

I mix it up in a blender and paint it on the face.
Leave it there for ten minutes then take it off with hot towels.

Interesting that Karin Herzog would claim the first to develop a chocolate facial given that they've been around for decades. Still they say they don't test on animals so that's a good thing!

if you think about it , theres lots of diffeent facials around , like anti ageing, aha , etc.. and i am sure all the products for each facial dont contain the aha's, or anti ageing properties (hope you understand what i am saying here )
for instance have adverytised loads of different ones , but its usually the mask (or and vials ) what i am promoting , i just use the regular cleanser , toner , exfoliant etc....
god iaint ery good at explaingin stuff am i , lol , hope it helps anyway x

Thanks girls for your advice.

Dee - totally understand what you mean
Kelpie - Will try that one out, thanks

Thanks, Happy New Year

When Haken was briefly introduced to the Australian market a while back, their choc mint range was quite popular. When they were no longer around, I couldn't get anything else so I started making my own.

I make my own chocolate facial product using cocoa powder and make variations such as choc mint and choc honey using food grade flavours.

HAKEN ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK AND DO COCO PEDICURE, LAVENDER PEDICURE, REALLY GOOD PRICE TOO.

Do you know who the supplier is

Latest posts

Back