What would you do? Hair extensions complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiCshairstudio

Reaction score
Ok not my work is being complained about.... But this lady need your opinions too.....

One of my ladies messaged me last week saying she had, had her extensions done elsewhere as was given a voucher and can I do something with them as the just look awful, so we were arranging the soonest she could get in which was this week, then Friday night a distraught, and very stressed message comes through saying 'actually whats the very soonest I need these things out im currently sat in floods of tears I hate them they need to come out before I rip them out'. Sadly I couldn't call her as I was presuming she had tried washing them with bad after care advise. I managed to calm her down and agree that before we make any rash decisions we'll see if they are salvageable first as its prob down to aftercare etc but I need to see the hair before I can suggest best course of action.

She came in hoping at the very least I would blend them for her as her hair is around shoulders.. Just past and the extensions 18-20 inches. All the technician had done was cut the length no layering or feathering the front to blend, just a shear drop!

She has lost around 25 in a week (micro bead method) and has medium hair, we counted how many she had in as it was very spars and couldn't be blended due it looking even worse and needing to go shorter, she only had in 106 including the ones that had come out. She has her mind set on having them out and getting her money back... I'm with her, the sections where very hap hazard, some tension had already caused a few to start pulling her own hair out, the sections where huge, 106 beads filled upto the horse shoe section, no hair left out! That's how big they were.

Even with her voucher she still paid £350 pounds for this.

Most shocking part ... She was advised to use tresseme !! And leave the conditioner on. Told to condition daily.

I'm going to offend a few with this statement and I don't mean it harsh but I asked if this was a salon? A mobile tech? A hairdresser or just an extensionist as with all due respect I was fully expecting her to say she wasn't trained in hair just extensions which would explain the carelessness and bad advise. (Some of you do not fall into this so please don't get annoyed but the majority causing this issues do) anyway I almost fell over when this was done by a hairdresser, fully trained and the owner of the salon... A very big salon! For extensions anyway. I'm not naming names but I'm disgusted at this.

She's back in today, I didn't touch her hair in order to give her more of a chance at getting her money back, so no one else can be blamed. She doesn't want them in at all now. I said she will prob offer to put back in the ones fallen out and then as a last resort offer to put more in, I did originally say if she does you want exactly the right amount fitted properly and blended, to which she was horrified and doesn't want this girl anywhere near her hair again and said no i just want them out.

Sorry for the long description she's going over at 1 so hoping to get some opinions on what you would do if this was one of your ladies asking for your advise. I'd give her, her money back - but saying that I wouldn't have left her like this at all!!

This kind of thing makes me so angry!!

If I get the gist of the story (it's a long one and too early for me on my day off lol!) I would remove give her the hair to return to the salon and take pics of them in her hair before you remove and send back.

I had a lady wanting her extensions removed after 6 days from a salon and her was a mess! Normally I'd refer back to the original salon but she said she didn't want to go near... I felt so sorry for her. I removed and took pictures as I was going along (so much matting after bearly a week!) it was grose! I have no idea what they were bonded with - not keratin some sort of wax? But it was like chewing gum so white and sticky. I took pics, gave her the hair to give back to the salon and I thought the hair was so awful the application was equally as terrible I even wrote a report for her to hand in the salon. They have her her £400 back straight away (which I thought was weird) this is also a well known salon in my area (no idea they did extensions though) xx

The salon might penalise her for having them removed elsewhere. You did the right thing waiting. She needs to take lots if pictures and show the woman the state of them. Perhaps write her a letter explaining that you as a fellow professional have checked them and list the things that are wrong?
Poor woman. Not just the cheap extensionists that do a crap job!!

I wouldn't touch them until she's been refunded/sorted out by the salon she got them done at, whether that is to fix or remove them.

Don't want to risk it all coming back on you- think she'll have learned her lesson and won't be going elsewhere in future!
I find that most clients do this at one time or another, then come back to you!

Thank you all for your help, she should be on her way to the salon in question now, so I'll send her a message and explain I'm happy to write my finding down in an email if they would like or a letter, but she can show the message, as my professional opinion etc. and the pics we took.

Thank you all xx

How did she get on? Any news?

They refused to refund, blamed her and put the ones that came out back in, said nothing about the fact she has half head amount in but been charged full! The didnt care! Threw them back in and sent her on her way :( so she's in with me Monday to try and blend as she doesn't want them out for the amount paid just a week ago!

I told her to call trading standards and see where she stands :(

Latest posts

Back