What would you do? Salon stocks Tresemme!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just asking for the opinion of other hair professionals.
A new salon has opened locally and has offers on to promote their opening. I received a leaflet and booked myself in for a cut and blow dry with olaplex treatment. When I phoned to make the appointment the lady asked me to like and share their Facebook page for more offers on hair and beauty etc.
I was looking on their Facebook last night at the cuts and colours they have done but couldn't help but notice the shelving units they have in between styling stations selling products - they are filled with multiple rows of Tresemme shampoos, conditioners and styling products. I also noticed a few bottles of Aussie shampoos and 'Gliss' bottles. Basically - all the sorts of things you can pick up in supermarkets/cheap shops. Not only that, the shampoos used at the backwash and also styling products used by the stylists could be seen on the mirrors in front of the clients and the trolleys they too were tresemme and other unknown brands I've seen in places like home bargains. The colour line they use is Mood hair colours which I've also not heard of.
I've always used professional hair products purchased direct from the salon I attend (currently pureology) - I was a bit taken aback by seeing these products on the shelves of a salon!
So what would you do - would you cancel the appointment based on this?! I'm concerned at paying out for an olaplex treatment but having tresemme used to wash and style my hair. Is it even allowed for a salon to stock and resell consumer products like that?!

Obviously those shampoos are ok for every day but if your going to a salon paying salon prices you'd expect professional products to be used. Seems odd, I would go with what I know

I think when you go to a salon you expect a full salon experience for what you're paying that includes all the professional products, I would maybe look elsewhere? As I think tresemme is bad for your hair as it has lots of silicone in it? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I think I will cancel and look elsewhere. Such a shame because some of their colours and cuts look great! Just don't understand how you can charge salon prices and use cheap, inferior products.

Deffo cancel, these are not professional products and I can imagine the colour is cheap if they use poor quality like this! ....tresemme is actually as bad as pantene! Many years ago they were a pro product but this changed when the industry progressed and we started caring what was going on our hair....So I wouldn't recommend it daily either!

Xx

Latest posts

Back