what would you do with a nail like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

what would you do with a nail like this? its had an enhancemnet on and due to a stupid husband, it got caught and pulled off, ripping some of natural nail with it ouchhhhhh

should it be left alone, could an enhancement be put back on or could i just cover it over until it looks a bit nicer? any ideas please

please dont tell me to smother it in solar oil, as i would usually do this, but cant get solar oil anywhere at the moment, so anything else i could use?

thanks xxxx

Attachments

• 100_5446.JPG
    100_5446.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 184
Would like to see others replies but I would prob sculpt over the nail but keep it very short so no danger of catching it again. Would be careful of gel though as a thin nail plate may mean some uncomfortable heat spike.

Btw I laughed my socks off at the quote under your signature. Took me a while to work it out then laughed at myself for being so stupid!!

Would like to see others replies but I would prob sculpt over the nail but keep it very short so no danger of catching it again. Would be careful of gel though as a thin nail plate may mean some uncomfortable heat spike.

Btw I laughed my socks off at the quote under your signature. Took me a while to work it out then laughed at myself for being so stupid!!

lol i know i took me a while to read it at first lol

prob is i dont do gel hun, only learning L&P, can i sculpt with that? i have forms so it would be poss

thanks xx

lol i know i took me a while to read it at first lol

prob is i dont do gel hun, only learning L&P, can i sculpt with that? i have forms so it would be poss

thanks xx
Ookeedokee, I'm going to offer my two pence worth. I'm not an L&P gal though. I would just overlay and definitely keep it very short. Look in tutorials as Peter Pan did a tutorial on sculpting without forms on a toe which looks pretty much as damaged as this finger nail.

You will need to be careful though as this looks painfully thin and damage. If the nail can support the overlay, then hopefully the damage will just grow out.

You don't have to use solar oil as there are loads of other great oils available for keeping it hydrated and moisturized. NSI do one which I like. I think it is called Nurture Oil.

ok i might be a wuss but i don't think i would do anything with it...yeah you could treat it the same as a nail biter, but what little nail is left looks very thin and not a good foundation to be building on with product.

As for hubby...well i know a good lawer...:lol:

You don't have to use solar oil as there are loads of other great oils available for keeping it hydrated and moisturized. NSI do one which I like. I think it is called Nurture Oil.

Yep, it's Nurture Oil. I love it!

I had the exact same thing on my thumb hun, I had blood and all sorts going on lol. I gave it a couple of days to heal and then sculpted on it. Was quite funny, that for 2 days I coudnt bear to touch anything with it as it was so sore, but as a soon as the sculpt was on the pain went too. In fact when Emmsybabes did my nails, she had to sculpt onto the sculpt that i did as it was still too short to do anything with.

I had the exact same thing on my thumb hun, I had blood and all sorts going on lol. I gave it a couple of days to heal and then sculpted on it. Was quite funny, that for 2 days I coudnt bear to touch anything with it as it was so sore, but as a soon as the sculpt was on the pain went too. In fact when Emmsybabes did my nails, she had to sculpt onto the sculpt that i did as it was still too short to do anything with.

oh right rach, well then might try that, thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated xxxx

A chainsaw might be a tad TOOOOOOOOOOOO drastic............so I'd probably go a Bio-Sculpture Overlay.........'cos it's got minimal filing and buffing and you can still see what's going on underneath and it will give a degree of protection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brandibam............

This backs up what I was going to say.
A sculpted nail will protect the damaged natural nail, so long as you do it short enough for it not to get banged and knocked.
It should ease her pain and because the nail is protected and should also heal faster.
Wont be very easy though!! Good luck :green:

i would nothing with this nails. the nail lokks not very helthy. you should wait until its grown out.

sorry about my bad english

I had a thumb nail exactly like this, I sculpted and kept infilling, I trapped in car door in March and it has now nicely grown and back to normal x

I had a thumb nail exactly like this, I sculpted and kept infilling, I trapped in car door in March and it has now nicely grown and back to normal x

thanks hun

will do that then xxxx

as the rest have said, sculpt it.. no need to have a thin painful nail when u can pop a protective cover on it :)

Latest posts

Back