What would you do...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a situation with a client goes as following: She's a biter and I started doing her nails recently, she came to me 3 times, then cancelled and rebooked one appointment, then booked in for an app. and has now cancelled 3 times. She cancels within the time of my "rules" but I have had to turn clients away for one or two times, and couldn't fill up the empty slots after her. She always have the more popular times. (the 3 cancellations was in 3 weeks)

I know she has a lot going on in her life, and it's been hard on her, but.... Yesterday she called and left a message saying she MIGHT have to cancel for today, would I please call her back or she would call me back. I tried calling her once, and was booked solid for the rest of the day, even worked overtime, so I didn't have a chance to call her again. She didn't get back to me at all. If she doesn't show, this would be 4 time in a row where she doesn't turn up.

Now I feel mad, and right now I'm very tempted to tell her if she turns up, that I have booked in another client, would she like to rebook. (If she doesn't turn up I'll tell her she didn't cancel as I never heard anything else from her)

She is gonna pay full set no matter what, and I feel like given her something to think about, but as I don't have anyone booked in I wouldn't earn the money today then, on the other hand she has probably cost me a lot more with her cancellations, as I have been quite busy and turning people away.

Usually I don't let client take the p*** on me, and she has been cancelling in the right time, only not this time, but 4 cancellations is a bit to much for me...

So WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

I'll tell you later what I did:D

Last edited:
if she does show up do her nails as usual but when it comes to next appointment ask for a deposit explaining about your not being able to fill spaces when she cancells i have it written on my price list and in salon that if more than 1 appointment is cancelled a deposit will be charged to ensure next appointment and if they dont want to do this no loss as im not sitting waitig for peeps to show or keep cancelling time is money hth

Hi all.

I have a situation with a client goes as following: She's a biter and I started doing her nails recently, she came to me 3 times, then cancelled and rebooked one appointment, then booked in for an app. and has now cancelled 3 times. She cancels within the time of my "rules" but I have had to turn clients away for one or two times, and couldn't fill up the empty slots after her. She always have the more popular times. (the 3 cancellations was in 3 weeks)

I know she has a lot going on in her life, and it's been hard on her, but.... Yesterday she called and left a message saying she MIGHT have to cancel for today, would I please call her back or she would call me back. I tried calling her once, and was booked solid for the rest of the day, even worked overtime, so I didn't have a chance to call her again. She didn't get back to me at all. If she doesn't show, this would be 4 time in a row where she doesn't turn up.

Now I feel mad, and right now I'm very tempted to tell her if she turns up, that I have booked in another client, would she like to rebook. (If she doesn't turn up I'll tell her she didn't cancel as I never heard anything else from her)

She is gonna pay full set no matter what, and I feel like given her something to think about, but as I don't have anyone booked in I wouldn't earn the money today then, on the other hand she has probably cost me a lot more with her cancellations, as I have been quite busy and turning people away.

Usually I don't let client take the p*** on me, and she has been cancelling in the right time, only not this time, but 4 cancellations is a bit to much for me...

So WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

I'll tell you later what I did:D

Either make her pay a deposit or don't take her booking and tell her to ring and see if you can fit her in on the day she wants (she takes a chance if you can get her in or not - no advance booking!), that way you don't lose out.

Thanks both of you. This was a great idea, only one cancellation "in a row" I'll certainly make this a part of my cancellation rules.

By the way she didn't show up, so next time I'll charge her for a late cancellation fee which is 50% of the treatment she booked (as she did call me to warn, but didn't call back to say either) And explain the new rule....

Thanks, I'm not usually "soft" but as she always cancels within my time-limit, she isn't actually doing anything wrong (apart from this time) but sure costs me money...

Latest posts

Back