What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leesse

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, im a mobile beautician and just wanting a bit of advice really.....

Had a call two days ago from a new client wanting EE. I said they are normally £65 but on offer at £45 this month. She booked in for tonight at 7.30, I took her name, address and landline number as she said she has no mobile.

I had a call this afternoon at 3.30 which i answered after 3 rings but it went dead, it was her number. So, I phoned it straight back, it was engaged. I then phoned it again after 5 minutes and a lady answered but said that (x) had left the office ! hmmmmmm

So, I turned up at her house on time and a young girl aged about 10 answered the door and said "are you here for the eyelashes" I said yes and she handed me a peice of paper which read ...........

Hello, Did try to ring you to let you know that I couldn't make it from 1pm today. Your phone has engaged tone on it constantly. Really sorry !! I will call back tomorrow for a new appointment if that's ok.

I just read the note quickly whilst the girl was stood there and said, "oh, ok thank you" and went.

I have a voicemail system on my phone and no voicemail was left. I only had the one call from her this afternoon at 3.30pm and tried to call her back straight away, tho when I did get through it was a company number. Shes not tried to call me since as Ive received and made calls today with no problem at all !!!

Not sure what to do, really annoyed I wasted 45 minutes this evening going out and coming back home. Would you give her the benefit of the doubt and re-book her in? Just frustrated that she seems not to have made that much of an effort to contact me this evening before I set out etc ..........:grr:

Thanks, Lisa x

Hmmmm, it's tricky isn't it cos u cant want to turn around and say you know she didn't try to call u!

She's a bit cheeky knowing you were coming to her didn't make much effort to contact you and then saying she'll call to re-book!

If the girl that answered door was that young do you think maybe the lady was at home and just didn't want to face you?

Maybe say its your policy to ask for a small deposit after 1 cancelled appt?

Thank you for taking the time to reply ! The deposit would be a good idea but im only small mobile so I would have to go and collect the deposit etc. There was a car on the driveway so either the girl was in with her Father or her mum didn''t want to face me, like you say ..........

Perhaps I will see what she says when she calls, if she calls tomorrow. Everybody is different I suppose but if I was in her shoes I would have tried and tried and tried as I wouldn't want somebody having a wasted journey! I suppose I will give her the benefit of the doubt but will be very cross if the same thing happens again !

She could always do a bank transfer or PayPal?

I was just going to suggest paypal. You can send a paypal invoice to her and she can pay by card or paypal.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I think if i was you I would wait and see if she calls you to rebook, if she does then maybe explain that as you are mobile there are cost implications for you if she cancels, if she gets shirty then shes maybe not the kind of client that you want!! It is so difficult as we all want new clients but sometimes its better to cut our losses....I get the feeling that you have a bad feeling about her anyway, so follow your gut instinct and dont worry about it!

Yes I'm totally with misstyb. In the long run messers end up costing you!

Last edited:
Thank you. Never thought about Paypal or bank transfer ! Paypal is a great idea as i pay for lots through paypal ! Do I just need her email address to send her a paypal invoice then? Would be good to know for future reference in any event ! x

Yes her email that she uses on PayPal.

Any e-mail address is actually fine if you send it as a paypal invoice then she can choose how to pay. It's really easy to do just click request money, send invoice then follow the instructions.

Thats brilliant and so easy ! thank you !:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back