What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adore

Reaction score
Competitor research.

I'd appreciate your opinions on whether I should go back to the salon in question but book with a different therapist or leave it well alone.

I had a re-shape eyebrow wax this morning at a local high street salon. I was a first time client to the salon and the lady didn't even informally confirm who I was, there was zero consultation, no hand washing or basic sanitising gel, she didn't wear gloves, no temp test, no cleansing, little skin stretching, tweezed in wrong direction, constant touching and not one bit of aftercare advice!

I'm left feeling concerned about infection and don't really want to go back but to research properly I feel I should go back for something else and book with a different therapist.

Any throughts?

Why do more research? You know you're not impressed so just leave it at that. What else is there to learn?

Whats the research for?

It sounds bad. I'd say your research here is done!

Ok. Sounds like you're all singing the same song. It doesn't feel right to judge the whole salon on one therapist but I guess that's what clients do.

Whats the research for?

I'm researching possible business competitors in my local area, home-based & High street.

I think you're right - any other client would be totally unimpressed and not return...not to mention telling their friends not to bother!!! Or, if they were particularly unhappy they would go back and complain...but I don't know anyone who would have a bad experience, and then go back and book with another therapist to give the salon a second chance.

I would take this as GOOD research, personally....when you are operational in your business, with therapists working for you, you will no doubt ensure now that your therapists are aware that they will be representing the salon!

Sometimes a bad experience is more valuable than a good one when researching. Take note of everything this salon did wrong, and make sure you don't make the same mistakes!

There doesn't seem to be a protocol for all staff to follow at this salon and I would say you have your answer here.

Latest posts

Back