What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sally40

Reaction score
Hi all , advise would be really appreciated , had a message from a client yesterday whose roots I did 3 weeks ago and is due for a re-do next week , she text with photos to say that I had missed some of her roots , she attached pics and it was half way up the back section of her hair , just a bit put out and makes me feel bad but I personally would have mentioned it when I saw her next , what would you advise I do ? Have said I would reduce her next bill , hate it when things go wrong !!

Hi all , advise would be really appreciated , had a message from a client yesterday whose roots I did 3 weeks ago and is due for a re-do next week , she text with photos to say that I had missed some of her roots , she attached pics and it was half way up the back section of her hair , just a bit put out and makes me feel bad but I personally would have mentioned it when I saw her next , what would you advise I do ? Have said I would reduce her next bill , hate it when things go wrong !!
I love this site but sometimes when you need advise it just doesn't happen !

I love this site but sometimes when you need advise it just doesn't happen !
Sometimes it can take a few hours and then you'll get loads of replies! Although these things can be really off putting they really do happen to everyone. I would try not to look at it negatively and use it to improve. The client still wants to come back to you so you can't have done that bad a job! I would apologise and maybe give her 50% off next time. I'm sure she'd be grateful with that and carry on coming back to you.

O.K.....when blow drying, did you see you missed a bit....
No worry,
WE'VE ALL DONE IT....:p
If the answer is yes, apologise, give her a 50% discount next time, and be sure to NEVER make that mistake again....especially on THAT client! :cool:

Most times, those 'little misses' never get noticed, or mentioned.
This client has made a point of pulling you on it.:oops:
No point in trying to do anything other than.......
"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry....Please accept my apology, lets get this sorted..." blah blah blah........;)

O.K.....when blow drying, did you see you missed a bit....
No worry,
WE'VE ALL DONE IT....:p
If the answer is yes, apologise, give her a 50% discount next time, and be sure to NEVER make that mistake again....especially on THAT client! :cool:

Most times, those 'little misses' never get noticed, or mentioned.
This client has made a point of pulling you on it.:oops:
No point in trying to do anything other than.......
"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry....Please accept my apology, lets get this sorted..." blah blah blah........;)
Thanks guys , and no when I blow dryed really didn't notice ! Not feeling great at moment so really knocked my confidence ! Will offer reduction in price though xx

Is it just me but I would say 50% off is a massive discount, you did the service, did it well apart from a tiny section at the back, after all it's taken her 3 weeks to notice it!! I would of said 20% would be more than generous!! It's a blip I wouldn't think much more of it, chin up, today's another day!!! X

Is it just me but I would say 50% off is a massive discount, you did the service, did it well apart from a tiny section at the back, after all it's taken her 3 weeks to notice it!! I would of said 20% would be more than generous!! It's a blip I wouldn't think much more of it, chin up, today's another day!!! X
Thanks so much for your replys , I also thought 3 weeks and will put my hands up and rectify any service a client is not happy with and thank god they are few and far between , I think it was just the way she did it with pics of her clipped up to show the bit missed , would much rather she had mentioned it when I see her x

I agree I'd go with 20%, i could understand if it was in an obvious place like her parting but a section at the back isn't the end of the world, I'm
surprised she even spotted it! Don't over think it or stress about it, as red star says, we've all done it. X

Just noticed it was 3 WEEKES AGO.
Ummm....that does put a slightly different slant on it.
Makes me feel this client is really looking for a RESULT! e.g. money off! :cool:
Has she sent you a picture.....can we see :).

I had a client on Saturday, (it's been 2+ months since her last colour), tell me, it didn't last long before her roots started to show.....:rolleyes:
WELL HELLO.....I DID IT 9 WEEKS AGO........2 INCH 100% WHITE REGROWTH!!!!!! o_O

Thanks so much for your replys , I also thought 3 weeks and will put my hands up and rectify any service a client is not happy with and thank god they are few and far between , I think it was just the way she did it with pics of her clipped up to show the bit missed , would much rather she had mentioned it when I see her x
Do you have the pictures she sent you of it? It if it a really tiny bit yeah 20% would be enough

Makes me feel this client is really looking for a RESULT! e.g. money off! :cool:

I had a client on Saturday, (it's been 2+ months since her last colour), tell me, it didn't last long before her roots started to show.....:rolleyes:
Although OP said she'd rather the client waited till the appointment to mention it.. At least a week before gives op a chance to decide what to do

Lol Redstar !!! This is part of the job that drives me insane For some reason I can't seem to upload photo but will try again x

Latest posts

Back