What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahJane90

Hannah Butland
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I need some opinions as I don't feel I know enough.

I have a beauty salon in a busy gym, where I work on my own. I advertised on a local business site to rent the salon out when I'm not there. So potentially I could get money off of my rent.

I have a lady who wants to do permanent makeup. She has just started. I originally asked for a certain amount a month but she would prefer to pay a percentage of what she makes.

What would you do? What is a good percentage? She will be using my salon when I'm not there and not using any of my equipment other than my bed.

Amy help would be greatly appreciated xx

I'm not sure what the norm is in these situations but my first thought is - How will you know how much she makes, given you won't even be there to see how busy she is? Do you know her well and trust her?

Personally I would stick with a fixed rent.

That's exactly what I thought KrisKross. But also my room is just stood empty when I'm not there. This is why I thought about giving her a chance.

Personally I would go for a fixed rent per week payable monthly.
Be really clear on what the charge is per week or day and say it's still payable if she is on holiday or has no clients.
Negotiate a realistic starting rate and say it will increase by X amount after six or twelve months. This way you are helping her to get started but will earn more yourself when the facilities are being used more.
State what bills are included and you will need to discuss advertising and who pays for what.
Hope it works out! [emoji4]

Thank you CFBS.

I am agreement with monthly payments. It is much less stress and worry for me.

She has said she pays her other salons she works in £50 per treatment but they advertise for her. I however am so busy on my social media as it is I don't want to be worrying about advertising someone else, I am happy to share posts but that is all. I also run a fitness class so I don't want my advertising to be too heavy.

Hi,

I've done something similar before with a semi perm make up lady and took 30% per treatment but I booked the clients in for her as they were my clients. If she is using your room regularly say 1 day every week I would charge her a flat fee ie £40 per week to help cover your costs otherwise it gets too messy.

i agree one set an fixed amount stating what she is renting. Also a lot of therapists for get this but make sure she has all her hygiene and insurance as you dont want to suddenly get hit with sharp bin costs etc and also if god forbid something happens it doesnt back fire on you. Also make sure your lease with who owns the whole building is ok with you subletting as salon owns do this then find out their in breach of their lease and can be turfed out

Where is your salon?

Latest posts

Back