What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hi i need advice, my problem is that i have gone mobile and i have a friend who's nails i have done quite a few times at her house but the problem is that everytime i go round she messes around with her kids who are both under 4. She lets them mess around near my table (one has spilt acrylic liquid all over before now) and she seems to have no control over them, she takes nail forms from the roll and gives them out to play with, she basically just lets them do as they please reguardless of what damage/spillages occur.

Then after all this tells me she has "forgotten" to get money from the cash machine so will have to pay me another day (she has payed now) but each time i go round it takes me twice as long as it does to do other clients nails and the nails never look as good as other clients as i cant concentrate for watching my stuff.

I have it on my pricelist that children must be supervised during treatments but with no avail, i come out of her house soooo stressed out and fed up and end up feeling rubbish, what would you do? i feel as though she is taking the pee as she is a friend.:mad:

As she is your friend I would sit down with her over a coffee and just have a nice polite chat. Just explain how dangerous these types of products can be if children are running around. Suggest that she arranges a time convenient to you both and when she could get someone to take care of the children so that she can relax and be pampered without stressing about the kids. I would also mention how expensive our products are. I would have this chat at a time when you are not actually doing her nails but before the next time she has them done. I know its difficult but imagine if they spill the monomer over themselves or grap at one of your metal instruments etc. If you let her know that your concern is for her children then surely she will understand.

Hope this helps :hug:

Explain to her what kind of damage the chemicals can do and also that the nail forms etc are costing you money, If she is a true friend she will understand. Ask her if she can get a babysitter or friend to look after her kids next time for their own safety.

Explain to her what kind of damage the chemicals can do and also that the nail forms etc are costing you money, If she is a true friend she will understand. Ask her if she can get a babysitter or friend to look after her kids next time for their own safety.
I agree with wandawump,what your friend is doing is NOT ON!!
By the way I am mobile as well, and I also have 2 children,I have a 7year old daughter and a 4 year old son,my son is Autistic and he is a real handfull, but he still knows manners and he definatly knows not to touch my nail gear.Your friend has got no control over her kids,so tell her she cant have them around when you are doing her nails,and I would make her pay for the damage her kids have inflickted on your stuff.When she realises that she has to pay for it I'm sure she will keep them under control better.OMG I cant believe she is handing her kids your forms to play with as stickers...they cost you money.I hope that you get it sorted out,let us know how you go.:hug:

I agree. This situation is however not your friend's fault!!

It is your fault for not sticking to your guns and enforcing the policy that YOU put into place. YOu have allowed her to go against policy and now you are paying the price. Literally.

Why should you have to remind her of what she must already know, which is that children and profesional chemical products and supplies do not mix and if they do damage, she must pay for it?

Make different arrangements with her right away ... this is not a professional way to work.

I agree with what has been said already.

One possible solution would be to visit her in the evening when her children are in bed.

This is what I do with my clients - But working in the evening might not suit you?

sit your friend down and have a good chat with her about the whole situation

remember you have your policy in place for a reason so you must stick by it

perhaps invite her to come round to you once her children are in bed. this way you can have control over the environment.

I agree with everything thats been said, when all else fails, set up a mini elecrtic fence aroung your desk.:)

Also keep your forms in a drawer and everything tucked away so the mother can't get to your stuff either .... it's just plain rude.

Latest posts

Back