What would you do?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Hey there,

Im newish to nails....i have a client in a few weeks. She wants french done and length addded to her nails for a wedding she is going to. I think i have two options......one is to do gel extensions or the other is to do a set of 'party' tips.
I dont like sticking on party tips cause when they come off, they damage the nail plate.
What does everyone do when they have to add length for a client (a one off client who is not planing on coming back)???????????????????

PS. Scuse the spelling. i think ive had to many red wines tonight! hehe.

Luv Bec

If she dosn't want full blown extensions how about doing what I call 'weekenders' (although they can last a couple of weeks on the right hands!), which is natural rather than white tips blended in to give the length and then do a french polish as you would on a natural nail - just a suggestion HTH

I'm doing exactly the same thing at the end of the week! I've a client who is a landscape gardener so doesnt want permanent extensions but is going to wedding and wants to look glam. I find a good option is applying tips then putting a couple of layers of brush on resin to give them a bit of umph without the full on strength of fibreglass.

~bec~ said:
Hey there,

Im newish to nails....i have a client in a few weeks. She wants french done and length addded to her nails for a wedding she is going to. I think i have two options......one is to do gel extensions or the other is to do a set of 'party' tips.
I dont like sticking on party tips cause when they come off, they damage the nail plate.
What does everyone do when they have to add length for a client (a one off client who is not planing on coming back)???????????????????

PS. Scuse the spelling. i think ive had to many red wines tonight! hehe.

Luv Bec

For anyone who asks for "temporary" or party nails for a special occasion, I invariably opt for my fibreglass system or, now that I also have Extreme Glaze, will offer that as an alternative as they can both be soaked off easily if required, and simply use French white, or nail art tips for example, depending on what they are looking for.

Latest posts

Back