What would you have done differently?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxNurse

Reaction score
Tonight a regular came in after rescheduling for over a week and I have no idea what she has done but her nails are trashed! The enhancements have come off, bits of acrylic still stuck on, nails ripped half way down her nail bed (ouch!). She said she ripped 2 off by accident and then took the rest off herself. (why!!! I am just down the road!)
When she came in 3 weeks ago for her infill they were immaculate! I removed all traces of acrylic, pushed back cuticles and attempted to shape what free edge she had left. I wanted to treat it with Vitagel and see her weekly for a nail biters course to bring them back in line again but she was distraught as she has a big family event all weekend. I sculpted her some short nails, popped some Gelish on and have asked her to come back in a week, but what could I have done differently? There was hardly any nail plate left to the point I was concerned about removing the shine for fear of damage. I have asked her to promise not to touch them, play with them, let anyone else near them, to drown them in cuticle oil and come in if she experiences any problems at all. She felt suitably chastised ( but in a regular customer, friendly way!). What would you have done? I don't want to not learn from this experience and as it is the first time I have encountered this thought this was the place to ask.

you stated her nails were perfect 3w ago. If she normally has great nails and returns properly, chalk it up to "life interrupted".

if it happens again... stand by what you know and believe and tell her what she should do and come back. Tell her if she continues to do this to her nails you can't continue to put on acrylic as it isn't healthy for her...

but for a one off, let it go and hope it wasn't the start of a new insanity routine!

Latest posts

Back