What would you have done ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi I am feeling very stressed at the moment, I was doing a set of nails tonight and the person would not stop moving sat to the side instead of infront of me with legs up on my air con unit, I did the prep ect and then set about doing the scuplts 2 nails in had to ask if she would please sit still and face me as it was making it hard for me, got to the end of the first 5 nails and something inside me just snapped so I said I would remove the whites I had done on the first 5 nails and that I wouldn't be able to carry on as I need someone sat infront facing me and not fidgeting every two minutes. God I am so stressed just made myself a vodka to calm down :irked: So My question is what would you have done ??

To be honest the moment she was sat to the side and put her feet up I would have said "as much as i want you to be comfortable I have to ask that you have both feet on the floor and sit straight otherwise it puts pressure on my back and prevents me from being able to do my job"...end off...!!

I wouldn't have even started with her sat in that manner

Oh how rude, I would of said unless you want wonky nails I suggest you sit straight lol. Seriously I can not work on an angle, or with fidgety people, one of the reasons i will not do my 13yo step daughters nails, she fidgets twists turns on her phone etc. I had a lady the other week whom was on her laptop whilst doing hernails and I had to say 'im sorry I can not work with you like that'

Its rude and inconsiderate, Its like asking an artist to paint a picture but with the canvas slanted iygwim,,,,, lol. I agree with what you done, what was her reply when you told her this???:biggrin::biggrin:

very different but i have a client who unknowingly to her twitches when she talks....it effects her hands...i can and do cope well when filing, prepping and applying pink gel...but when it comes to doing the smile line with my white gel i have to tell her (in the nicest way possible) to SHUT UP...:lol:

Hi Thanx for replying was really thinking it must be me, so glad it wasn't lol, I would never sit the way she was and with her feet up, but as it was a friend of a friend I felt bad after thinking maybe I should have just grinned and bared it carried on but I just couldn't, I was really shocked at how rude she was, so not bothered about losing her as a customer lol Vodka has kicked in and clamed me down lol :biggrin:

Hiya Sorry didnt answer your question, I got up to go to the toilet and when I walked back in the room she had pulled all but one off and I filed the last one off, not another word passed between us, gonna speak to my friend tomorrow she hasn't known her long as she has only been working with her for a couple of week, so she may not know what she is like. :suprised:

I find clients like that, whom have no respect for the tech whom sits there applying them , are by far means going to have any respect for their nails, I sometimes get a feeling about clients and think why am I sitting here looking at your nails and even debating what powders to use or sculpt or tip, or custom blend etc,, when basically they dont give a monkeys clients like that,, they will not return or appreciate your expertise, I call them special occasion clients...SPOC's lol xxxx

Its surprised how many clients are so figgety having their done. I find that just gently asking them to keep them where i have placed them a few times works. otherwise i hold their hand I am working on down on the towel with my free hand and if they try to wriggle it free i stop, and ask them if they are alright but i dont let go!

I also tell them that if their phone is ringing and its not a good time to answer it, would they like me to answer it as they are not allowed! and i have a no phone on desk rule. "because we wouldnt want the dust and products to ruin it now would we?"

I am quite strict but i have noticed that once they have been to me once or twice, they know to sit still, not play with their nails and NOT to answer their phone unless its filing time (am a right old dragon really! )

tigi

I had a client who would not sit still, she'd brought her 8 month old baby and had her on her lap, the baby kept sliding down and she had to keep pulling her back up. When I was ready to apply the l&p I said I'm sorry but you'll have to put the baby in the pushchair, I will need you still for the next bit. So she did this, but then kept taking her hands away and feeding the baby snacks! I told her the nails won't stay on if they are contaminated (I reapplied the prep products TWICE already:Scared:).

Long story short, she came back complaining "the glue around the edges is coming away" (SHEESSHH! I explained there is NO glue around the edges, explained how l&p works but it didn't sink in). She then complained to my manager, who promptly gave her her money back. That really upset me, it was like saying I was to blame. AAARRRGGHHH:evil:

I would have told her in a nice but firm manner at the start of the treatment how she needed to sit for me to carry out the treatment, and if she continued to figet I could not carry on because the nails would look awful and not last, if she was'nt happy she could leave lol
Think you did well to get as far as you did I have no time for rude ignorant people at all xx

I would have done the same thing you did. In fact I have, a woman came to me with the thickest nails I've ever seen and in such a state, she'd tried to pick them of, so I sat her down to soak them of and could I get her to sit still? Could I heck, by the time I'd managed to get them soaked of I totally understood how she'd ended up with such a thick set of nails, the tech must have just doloped the product on and got her out of the shop asap) and I'd made up my mind not to do her a fresh set, so I told her that her natural nails were in too bad a condition for me to risk putting a set on her. Woman was a total night mare and a complete head case.
But, I've never had a problem with mobile phones, I'd tell them to get it out of their bag before I got started and put it next to the hand I wasn't working on, then I'd do one complete hand and then get them to swap sides when I was ready to do the other. I actually prefered it, if they were chatting on the phone I could get my head down and get on with the service.
It's the ones you end up have a tug of war with who gave me the most grief and the stiff hands. I'd find myself saying relax hun, I promise I'm not going to hurt you:Scared:

Latest posts

Back