What would you see as essential when starting out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have lurked a bit around here but hope you dont me posting my first post today.

I start a few courses in nails and beauty in a few weeks time and have been lucky enough to get some funding for my courses.

Most of my courses come with a kit, but others dont. I was wondering what you found essential in your nail kit when you first started out? I need to give my funding provider a list with costs.

Also , can you tell me what UV nail lamps you use and what you would suggest I bought and what possible costs i can expect?

Many many thanks in advance

kind regards

tigi

hi! it really all depends on what courses you'll be taking, but hopefully I can give you a good idea,
to get right to the point, here's a sample list of what you may need for acrylics or gels;; disinfectable or disposeable files, sanitizers, brush(es) and dappen dish (i use a different brush for colors and glitters), product remover or acetone, buffers, nippers (i use them very rarely, but when I do need them they come in very handy), towels and wipes. that should be some things you'll need outside of your product system. two of my biggest purchases were my e-file amd my UV light (which I would recommend having at least 1 spare bulb for!). if you want to email me with more info about your courses and your kits (what system you'll be training with etc) maybe I can be more help:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's my advice: don't go out and buy a bunch of stuff... I did that when I first started because I was so excited. Now, I have stuff I may have used once, lots of stuff that's never been used and what a waste of $$$.

Stick with the kits and buy extra items as you NEED them... I wish someone had told me that.

Best of luck to you! :)

Here's my advice: don't go out and buy a bunch of stuff... I did that when I first started because I was so excited. Now, I have stuff I may have used once, lots of stuff that's never been used and what a waste of $$$.

Stick with the kits and buy extra items as you NEED them... I wish someone had told me that.

Best of luck to you! :)

Great advice. I'd also check with your educator, as they should know what you need and what is included. As for the lamp, that will depend on the product you are using. Again, check with your educator.

Latest posts

Back