what's been the best book for you nail geeks x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hi guys...what nail books have help u along the way?????..mine would have to be

the complete nail
technician
2ND EDITION by marian newman

this book is like a bible to me!!!!

nailclass !

i do have the marian newman book too which is FAB.

yep that one and gigis, nailclass

nailclass !

i do have the marian newman book too which is FAB.
I have both and they're excellent, I wouldn't be without either of them :green:

I love nail class too, plus its a good size and stays open at the page i want when i am practicing! I also love the complete nail tech and nail structure and product chemistry.:)

NAIL STRUCTURE AND PRODUCT CHEMISTRY by DOUG SCHOON.

Get it. Live it. LOVE IT.

And Nailclass- Both are close by for quick reference at ALL times.

hmmmmm,not heard of that one..will av to look it up!:lol:

hi, valencianNails i looked at ur website n i must say ur work is amazin!!:lol: well done u! u kno that glitter that you used in 'uv gel with glitter enamel' is brill..might sound like a silly question (but if i dont ask i wont kno)where can i get that glitter from...is it like a polish?and can u use it for any system? x x x x

Doug Schoon rocks.
I don't have nailclass though. I'm going to have to get myself a copy.

hi, valencianNails i looked at ur website n i must say ur work is amazin!!:lol: well done u! u kno that glitter that you used in 'uv gel with glitter enamel' is brill..might sound like a silly question (but if i dont ask i wont kno)where can i get that glitter from...is it like a polish?and can u use it for any system? x x x x
thank you :hug:
It's Mother of Pearl enamel by Creative (you can get Creative products from Sweet Squared in the UK), you can use it with any system :green:

'nailclass' is available on line from Mundo Products (click on books) or from HABIA or amazon or most book stores will order it for you.

three books at the moment.

1. Manicure, pedicure and advanced nail techniques by Elaine Almond
2. Nail artistry by Jacqui Jefford
3. Nail structure and product chemistry by Doug Schoon (2005 edition)

Not quite finished with nail artistry yet but strongly recommend them.

three books at the moment.

1. Manicure, pedicure and advanced nail techniques by Elaine Almond
2. Nail artistry by Jacqui Jefford
3. Nail structure and product chemistry by Doug Schoon (2005 edition)

Not quite finished with nail artistry yet but strongly recommend them.

I have to say that I would never recommend the first book you mention. It is very very old and WAY out of date information-wise. It was the first book of its kind in the UK many years ago and has been superceded by the others you mention.

I've only got Nailclass.
Whether its L&P, Gel or polish application I have always been able to find everything I wanted:)

Well you all seem to rate Nailclass by Gigi Rouse, looks like that will be the first nail tech book for me. Just found it on Amazon for £15.00 plus £1.99 sourcing fee. £16.99 total no P&P.

as a newbie i have found the two most useful books have been 'an encyclopedia of nail' and 'nail class'. Always willing to try out others though!!!:)
sian
xx

Well you all seem to rate Nailclass by Gigi Rouse, looks like that will be the first nail tech book for me. Just found it on Amazon for £15.00 plus £1.99 sourcing fee. £16.99 total no P&P.

could you give me the link for this tamla please....i have no books and been wanting to get one for ages and i went on amazon and i cant find it......thank you hun xxxx

Nail class...This improved my tip blending no end.

thankyou! thankyou! i have just brought my 'mother of pearl'......will be waitin by the door for the post man tehe! x x

'nailclass' is available on line from Mundo Products (click on books) or from HABIA or amazon or most book stores will order it for you.

I have just ordered mine from Mundo Products as I already use their fab products!! Anyway, I can't wait till its delivered! My other - could'nt possibly do without book is "The Encyclopedia Of Nails" Anne Swain and Jacquie Jefford.

Latest posts

Back