What's best to glue Swarvoski crystals to toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazza

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking at starting doing swarvoski pedicure, got the crystals just need to know how best to stick them down. Someone said nail resin and then activator with no tops coat so it doesn't dull crystals, what's your thoughts? X

Hi

I'm looking at starting doing swarvoski pedicure, got the crystals just need to know how best to stick them down. Someone said nail resin and then activator with no tops coat so it doesn't dull crystals, what's your thoughts? X

Hi Im sure someone more experienced than me will answer but I used resin then activator when using them and they have stayed on perfect :) x x

Strong nail glue or a gel is good x

In the past I'd always set mine in the final topcoat before curing but did lose some stones after a week or so.

So now I've started using topcoat over genuine swarosvki crystals only - and it does not appear to dull the sparkle. (still set ordinary rhinestones in final t/c)

n.b when i say topcoat I mean shellac t/c when doing shellac manis/pedis
and brisa gloss when doing gel work

does anyone find that swarovskis lose their sparkle if covered in T/c?

Well I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the best way of doing these crystal pedicures and I've got a set on my toes to test. I used a soak off gel, placed the crystals on the toes and cured. I then used Shellac top coat on one big toe and left the rest to see what happens. The crystals with the top coat have definitely lost some of their sparkle compared to the ones without but after two weeks all crystals are still in place on that top coated toe. The other toes sparkle like you've never seen but I've lost a few here and there. After saying that I did do this myself and was bending down for about an hour doing it, so I may not have done such a thorough job as if I was doing a client.

I think what I'm going to do is offer clients the choice, with or without top coat and if they choose not to top coat in favour of extra sparkle, then I will give them a few crystals to take with them to apply if they get any fall off!

Hope that helps a bit!

Just to add to what I've written above - I meant to say I am now going to soak off the big toe with top coat and re-apply the crystals with CND glue with no top coat and see how that compares.

Hi Siane,

There are a few threads on Swarovski in the last 24hrs which my be of help to you :) lots of tips on there
:wink2:

I am now going to soak off the big toe with top coat and re-apply the crystals with CND glue .

Is it Gelbond or Sealebond that you're gonna use?

I'm going to try Gelbond as that's what I have here anyway. I think it's less runny than Sealbond but it doesn't dry instantly anyway - it needs pressure so I think it will give a bit of time to get your crystals in place before it hardens. (Well that's the plan anyway lol) I'm going to try it tomorrow morning so will let you know how I get on.

Please do Hun, I'd be interested in how you get on x

Just replying to this so I can find the thread later. I too am about to start crystal pedis and am searching for the best way to keep the sparkle but also make sure they stay put!

Well I've just soaked off the big toes that had the top coat on it and have re-applied the crystals with gelbond. I have to say it was a bit messy and I stuck my fingers to the cuticle stick I was using but it was fairly easy. I used a technique I read somewhere on here (thank you whoever that was!) I did the free edge first, then a line down the center of the nail to cuticle and worked sideways out on each side to get a nice uniform look. At the end they looked awful - completely dull and cloudy but I wiped over with acetone to try and remove the glue I got everywhere and it worked - it brought them up to the usual amazing sparkle. Now to see if these stand the test of time and last longer than the ones set into gel!!

Latest posts

Back