What's cool for New York?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsonewgeek

Lisa x
Reaction score
I'm going on a trip on Weds to the Big Apple. What do you think the nails should be? I'm gonna look out of place probably as it is but want me nails to look spot on. Black , white, french ???????

Ta in advance....:hug:

My fella goes to USA every year and said it is mostly career women that have their nails done and they all wear white french hth
have a fab trip

Thanks. Now that making me think 'should i be different'?
Oh - life's tough eh?

defo go different i'd go glitter on mine if i were going, probably silver :green:

trust me, the wilder the better! it's new york, for goodness sake, anything goes!!
the times i've been there, ny-ers stop me for my nail art. it take a lot to get their attention.
i would go for it, for sure.
i live a little north of the city, but that's what they notice.
after all, you have to compete with everything else going on their!
try bright colors for summer. you could do the glitter french, but if you want attention to your work, go for bold designs or detailed work.

good luck and post your nail choice,

oh, what will you be doing while your here?

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

p&w 's are common in N.Y. i would go for a colored /glitter french. Honestly most new yorkers are too busy to notice
hth

I'd go for creative sin city (black glitter) in a long stiletto xx

Depending on your nail length (works better on shorter nails), you can go for a black and silver (or white) french.

I.e. paint the whole nail black, and then just ad a tiny silver or white free edge over the black. Very striking !

Marlise

White polish is definitely the in look just now......just ask Scarlett Johanssen.

i go to new york on sat - i had my nails done and i got a set of really nasty looking p&w!! :cry:

Black stilletos sound cool!

stilletos will stand out for sure! it really not done here. mostly a squoval to rounded shapes are the most popular here.
what will you be doing while you're here?
i'm taking my kids soon to the new "ripley's" museum in times square.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

have a fab trip

i say its got to be glitter tips, they look pretty but also stand out

Latest posts

Back