Whats happened to all the interesting posts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I have been a member of this site for ages and lately there has been hardly any threads that I have wanted to open up or if I have I hav'nt wanted to reply to as they are so mundane and more often than not, been covered before. Why is that the search button doesnt seemed to be used? Before I put up a new thread I always do a search to see if my query has been answered before.

The thing is it comes to something when you get messages like where have you been? Well I have been on but theres nothing interesting to add to. I have also noticed that geeks that always posted are not posting so are they like me, they are online but cant be bothered to reply to same old same old?

Please bring on the the good old days when several posts were worth adding to, hopefully then you'll get more familiar names adding to this great site again.

anne xx

I can see what you mean Anne, sometimes it does feel a little like ground hog day...:lol:...and I do wish more people took advantage of the brilliant search option we have. But then i wouldn't want the site to end up nothing more than a search engine either.

Thing is those great and interesting threads ain't going to appear by themselves....people need to post them in the first place for others to read and reply to....maybe you could think of a fab thread to start...??...easier said than done...i know cos i struggle to come up with anything that hasn't already been done.

I think my point is...if you want more from something you have to put more into it, and although i totally understand your feelings (i have felt them too at times) i think that even by replying to the "mundane" and "all been asked before" threads is one way of keeping the site moving on....from that "mundane" question could spark off a brilliant thread.

I think its brilliant how people keep replying...they keep helping out and they keep answering the "same old" questions asked by new members who hopefully will then stick around to share what they have learned with the next lot of newbies....just as the "oldies" did with us when we started out.

Stick with us Anne cos your a valuable member and we appreciate your posts....:hug:

Thanks Angie, I was beginning to think oops I've upset a few people. I'm glad you see where I am coming from and yes I totally agree that its hard to come up with new and fresh posts and looking at my own thread starters I am more likely to add to a thread than to start one, so I think I am going to have to try and come up with some ideas.

Ironically a few have appeared in last couple of days but I have felt like this for a while and the reason I posted is because I have had people say where have you been. Thing is I could say the same about so many different long standing geeks and I was just wondering if i was alone thinking this, which I was beginning to think I was :eek:

The thing is I love this site, I have learned so much, had many laughs and a few tears along the way not to mention support during difficult times. So seeing the absense of so many fab geeks just got me a bit concerned.

anne xx

It depends what you mean by "interesting" I suppose- as that can be very subjective or/and personal.

Do people see this place as entertainment? As an educational resource, a social club? Or a bit of everything.

As one of the people who enquired about your absence I thought I had better post on this lol!!

I know where you are coming from, as I am not on site as much and when I am I know I am not posting as much, although I have posted more in the last couple of days. ( your influence??) I even started a thread !! Maybe not one that will end up a big debate, but who knows it might inspire some geeks to flex their artistic competitive muscles, yourself included Annie ;)

I have noticed though that some of the most innocuous threads by their title can turn in to absolute page/post turners :eek: I mean one about where to get a brand of polish resurrected yesterday had some of us on the edge of our seats....and reaching for our medication :grr:

So you definitely can't judge a post sometimes by it's title...and isn't that the beauty of this site that big debates can start at any time.......and we never want to miss out on them do we ;)

I'll try and find an interesting subject...... gimme a minute :)

It depends what you mean by "interesting" I suppose- as that can be very subjective or/and personal.

Do people see this place as entertainment? As an educational resource, a social club? Or a bit of everything.

Definitely a bit of everything, a community!!

Definitely a bit of everything, a community!!

I agree entirely- and also a mirror to "real life" as well- hence taking the rough with the smooth- it's what I like about this place.....

My wife thought marriage to me would be endless excitement with a lack of mundanity as well, how wrong she was!

Good point about what is viewed as interesting. Like Isabel I like to participate on a bit of everything, especially when it turns into a bit of a debate.

Looks like the pressure is on to think of something "interesting" :eek:

anne xx

Last edited:
lol Anne i have tried !!!! I have put two new threads into chitchat..................youve been on Salongeek since 2005 surely you know the answer !!!

lol Anne i have tried !!!! I have put two new threads into chitchat..................youve been on Salongeek since 2005 surely you know the answer !!!

unfortunately not, but I'm itching to know, funny thing is I have wondered but never thought to put it as a thread :smack: lol

anne xx

oooooh the mystery deepens lol

Yep it can indeed get a bit repetitive and at times boring but that said for those that post questions that answers to can be found in the search button are simply trying to be noticed and well good for them...for them the question is important and if that is the case then we do need to be courteous and at least answer the peep :hug:

As for the site being interesting..well I guess that's down to all of us.....if we each only did one interesting posting a month the boards would be full to the brim with interesting topics which would dilute those that are either boring or repetitive.

Indeed if you sit in a room with someone the conversation is either boring,funny,serious or sexy and it is the people in the room that make this happen...in other words its not the house (or site owners in this case) that makes the conversation flow.

One interesting ,relevant and maybe even fun posting a month from each of us is all it takes :hug:....shame as I cant think of anything right now but its soon wine o'clock so I suspect things could change fairly quickly :eek::lol:

well I started this thread and I still can't think of anything interesting to post :eek: lol. But I have liked many of the posts that have started today, I think I need some of that wine Colin to get my mind into gear!

anne xx

, I think I need some of that wine Colin to get my mind into gear!

anne xx

Cheers Anne (hick) glad to hear your finding things more intresting :hug:

Latest posts

Back