Whats happening????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachey76

Reaction score
Hi,
I`m brand new to all this but just wondered if any of u can help me,
there is one girl and no matter what i do the nails will just not stay on her, everyone elses seem to be fine, could someone tell me what the problem could be????
many thanks Rachey xx

Last edited:
It is because you are untrained.

Leave practicing untill September when you start your course.

There could be a million reasons why her nails come off but untill you get some training under your belt you wont understand any of them.

I know you are probably loving doing the nails and want run ahead but from experiance you are better of waiting till you have a tutor in front of you and some training behind you. x

hi Lemmonie
i understand what u are saying but i`m doing it more for convidence, i know i`m not the first to do this, i dont wanna get ahead of myself i`m in no hurry, i`ve been doing my own nails for a few yrs now and have had no probs what so ever but thanks anyway for your comment! x

We would probably need more of a description of what is happening and what you are using and what steps you are taking to help.

I'd personally be wary of attempting acrylic nails before being taught the necessary health and safety; you will be using chemicals (especially monomer) which could cause an overexposure reaction if not used correctly. You need to know about the correct techniques of application, and also need to know about the MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheets) for all the products you use. Then there is the issue of insurance; OK you might be practising on your family and friends, but that's not saying they won't sue you in the unlikely event that something goes badly wrong...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hiya geeklette
at the minute i`m using mercia which seems to be workin fine for me, i`m doing all the nessesary prep, i`ve done about 10 sets now and have no probs with the rest!

Last edited:
You can choose to ignore the advice given to you by TRAINED nail technicians if you wish but I'm affraid you are going to get many,more replies telling you the same thing..wait until you are doing your training so that you know exctly what you are doing with your products.
This site does not give advice of that nature to untrained technicians.
I admire your enthusiasm but you can't be expected to know the answers before you've had your training.
I did my own nails before training aswell, knowing nothing about overexposure and now I'm paying the price and that's a small example of what could go wrong.
Good luck with your future
:hug:

No i`m def not ignoring yous who are trained i was just lookin some advice is all, i`ll wait until i`m taught
thanks anyway! x

No i`m def not ignoring yous who are trained i was just lookin some advice is all, i`ll wait until i`m taught
thanks anyway! x

Rachey ... there are plenty of people like you who have been DIY'ing their own nails with no training ... you may have had no problems and you may think you are doing OK .. but problems can happen (like you are experiencing) and it takes product knowledge and also a knowledge of anatomy and physiology to track down the reason that the products you are using will not adhere to her nails.

It could be many things or a combination of things. There is no way we as professionals could tell you without knowing allot more about what you are using and how you are using it and how you perform your nail services.

You asking professionals this question is kind of like asking a doctor on line to diagnose an ailment so that you (an amateur) could treat the illness. The poor Doctor would have no idea without examining the patient him or herself.

Getting well educated like we all have done and thoroughly knowing your products and how they work is the key to answering all questions.

Enjoy your training and wait for experienced professionals (hopefully) to teach you and probably UN teach you many bad habits you have got into on your own. :hug: I'd keep an open mind and not spend too much time practicing before you are taught.

ok u guys thanks ive got the msg! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back