Whats "Journals" ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hi All!
Hope you are all well!
I was just after a bit of advice really. I wondered if anyone can explain what the "journals" on this site are. I have clicked on to them briefly but I am not too sure what they are all about. Can anyone write them or only certain people? What does discuss journals mean?
Any advice would be great
Thankyou guys xx:hug:

Hi All!
Hope you are all well!
I was just after a bit of advice really. I wondered if anyone can explain what the "journals" on this site are. I have clicked on to them briefly but I am not too sure what they are all about. Can anyone write them or only certain people? What does discuss journals mean?
Any advice would be great
Thankyou guys xx:hug:

Hiya Gemma,
The journals are a online diary for all members of this site you can write anything at all in your journal and chat about things that may not warrant a thread on the main site :)

Hiya Gemma,
The journals are a online diary for all members of this site you can write anything at all in your journal and chat about things that may not warrant a thread on the main site :)

Hiya Lellipop!
Hope that you are ok, thankyou for replying!
I think I get it now, but how do you decide whether something warrants a thread or that it would be better in a journal Can you give me an example?
sorry to be a pain, but I am fairly new and am now worried that I am using the site wrong:irked:
thanku xx

hi.hun.
you.can.write.anything.you.want.in.your.journal....what.shopping.you.bought,that.day....your.dog.just.had.a.poo
or.something.major,,anything.!

discuss...means,to,reply.
I.love.my.journal...and.i.like.reading.others,
it.gives,you,an.insight.into.the.person.so.they.are.no.longer.just.a.username.iykwim

:hug:
anyone.can.start.a.journal.its.your.little.diary..you.can.delete.entries.too..xxx

hi.hun.
you.can.write.anything.you.want.in.your.journal....what.shopping.you.bought,that.day....your.dog.just.had.a.poo
or.something.major,,anything.!

discuss...means,to,reply.
I.love.my.journal...and.i.like.reading.others,
it.gives,you,an.insight.into.the.person.so.they.are.no.longer.just.a.username.iykwim

:hug:
anyone.can.start.a.journal.its.your.little.diary..you.can.delete.entries.too..xxx
Thankyou for your help Emmsybabes
I will have a nosey at your journal in a minute xxx:hug:

Thankyou for your help Emmsybabes
I will have a nosey at your journal in a minute xxx:hug:

oohh.lol.prepare.to.be.depressed...get.a.large.glass..(make.it.a.pint).of.wine.before.you.do.hahaha:green:

Journals are a bit like a Dear Diary. Only members who have registered can read or write in them so if you want to write more personal stuff then maybe this is the better place for them. It's really a place where you write down your thoughts and daily events, or just need a place to let off steam, but doesn't warrant a reply as a question in the forums would.

However it may be a good time to state that the journals are ALSO covered by the geek commandments and should NOT be seen as "the alternative forum" which a few people have done lately. If you REALLY want to let off steam then it's best done with your mates, either in person or on MSN.

You can also keep your journal "private" where it is there just for your eyes only, or just have it so a few of your friends have access to reading it. Or just go all out and have it "public"

Thanx for all your help geeks about the "journals" I think they are a great idea and will definately start one in the near future.
xx

Latest posts

Back