What's more popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikisNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm just starting out, qualified in gel extentions and currently about to take a nail art course.

I was wondering if you find gel polishes more popular than regular ones? And what about natural nails being painted vs extentions?

Thanks
Niki x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey...Virtually all my clients have NNO's with Shellac over it or have Shellac alone, only about 5% have extensions and none like traditional polish now all prefer Shellac xxx

Gelish over natural nails and I only have 2 clients that have extensions, which is a real bummer cos I'd like to do more to get the practice in.
I was going to invest in chine glaze or Morgan Taylor polish but no one asks for it.

Shellac has & is my moat popular treatment. I get quite a few upgrades in Spring & Summer for luxury manicures and pedicures.

I am finding I'm getting a few clients who can't wear shellac due to their job and are choosing Vinylux instead.

Also I found over Christmas a lot of little girls wanted their nails painted like Mummy so Vinylux is perfect!

Jenny xx

I haven't heard of vinylux before, how different is that?

Vinylux is a quick drying long lasting polish from CND which has no base coat. Comes in quite a few shellac colours and some colours that are just for vinylux.
It fab dries in 8 1/2 mins.

since introducing Shellac 2 years ago I think I've done regular polish maybe 5 times. And even that is usually on a regular clients daughters.
My most requested service is sculpted gel sets then Shellac...but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't use it.

I do shellac and Gelish, I do enhancements but not that often, I also have vinylux and have few people who have it regular due to their jobs as can't wear anything during the week

Maybe my clientele is a little different... a lot of my ladies are 60+, not sure if that makes a difference.my stats are:

approx 50% l&p overlay with regular polish
35% shellac
the rest clear natural gel

xx

Thanks for explaining x

So does Shellac dry naturally? x

Thanks for explaining x

So does Shellac dry naturally? x

no, it's a UV cured polish like Gelish or any gel polish

Anyone else find gel more popular than polish?

Anyone else find gel more popular than polish?

Me - I do loads of gels - varnish is mainly the OPI minis to match which I recommend for toes and touch ups in case of the odd chip. I am just about to launch Essie gel which also have varnishes to match.

I keep some China Glaze colours, in fact I am currently wearing Ruby Pumps which is my absolute fave CG colour :wink2:

Hardly ever use polish, couple of older ladies that have it occasionally, most people that ask for a mani end up upgrading to gel

That's really interesting. I wonder if age and location affect this?

Thanks x

Shellac is by far my most popular treatments, nail extensions have gone WAY DOWN! I still use regular polish (VINYLUX) but more on pedicures as most of my clients now have shellac but regular pedicures are still very popular with me all year round x

Shellac is my most popular treatment, but I don't offer enhancements other than nno with brisa lite. I still offer vinylux polish, although not as popular, I still couldn't be without it for pedicures,and the odd manicure. My clients are 30+.

Vinylux is a quick drying long lasting polish from CND which has no base coat. Comes in quite a few shellac colours and some colours that are just for vinylux.
It fab dries in 8 1/2 mins.

Is Vinylux an air dry polish? x

Latest posts

Back