What's needed to start up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
First of I'm not sure should this be here or in the consumer forum,but I'm sure someone will let me know!Just a few questions about starting a business,well if you could call it that!
I'm looking into spray tanning and eventually gelish nails.
I'd like to do spray tans at home ( have own house with a small room and shower room next to each other which I was thinking about using) but due to the fact I'm quite rural I think the majority of my tan will have to be mobile.
Any way what I wanted to know was who do I ave to inform about all this?
I'm not going to make huge amount of money it's just going to be pocket money( I work 2 days and a mummy the rest of te time) but I suppose to the tax man that's still classed as a buisness?
Any help gratefully received! Just want to learn as much as I can before I jump in!

you need to give hmrc a call and register as self employed, as you are already working it may affect your tax ,
you will need to do a spray tan course so that you can get insurance, plenty of threads on here re insurance and spray tan training,
keep receipts of everything and keep it all organised!!

good luck x

Thanks for reply souz.I've been N touch with few companies,planning fresh indulgence?
Just unsure about the whole hmrc thing!
Would I be liable for a tax bill every year? Sorry I have no experience of being self employed! I would certainly be getting an accountant. But as I said before I like to no what's entailed!

Latest posts

Back