whats NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugs

Reaction score
Hi Me again

can someone tell what you mean by a Non-standard Salon?

NSS is a salon lacking in standards - untrained techs, no hygiene standards etc. the sort of salon you really don't want to go to.

Thanks very much, make sense now!!!!

Would a NSS be a licensed business? In Ohio a salon is to be licensed to operate by the State Board of Cosmetology. I am thinking businesses run in non-licensed facilities would be NSS. From what I have read though, it sounds as if a NSS is considered a "legit" salon though - meaning it is a business, in a building, set up to do nails/hair/skin care.

Lord knows I have visited at least a couple "salons" here where sanitation is NOT observed, no way, shape or form. Of course, the State Board rep was nowhere around. :rolleyes:

Hi

I have a salon near me that opened just before xmas. They had a advert on local radio saying "new salon........creative products etc". I only just went for a look yesterday and picked up a price list. The price list is full of spelling and grammar mistakes, but look like they spend a fortune getting them designed and printed (no creative logo on them though). The price list is also very unstructured and confusing for the customer I didnt get that good a look at the products but could only see solar oil in the retail area, think polish was another brand.

I hope i dont offend anyone who has these but they also have these horrible plasic seats for clients. It is a hand shape, clients sit in palm of hand, big fingers are the backrest with big red nails painted on. Sorry if anyone has these in their salon i just thought it looked cheap and tacky.

Just wondered what people thought about reputation. Should the professional reputation of creative not be carried throughout all business areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back