Whats the benefit of a white tip....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
...not sure about this - it has been asked in my final assigment for college and I am stumped...I realise its a good cheats way for those that aren't confident doing smile line, but other than that I've got brain drain...can anyone help :eek:

Hi Louise,

they also generally do not need any blending and it supposedly makes for a quicker full set time.

naturalnails said:
Hi Louise,

they also generally do not need any blending and it supposedly makes for a quicker full set time.
Fi your am angle - can't beleive I forget that....Thanks :green:

on the note of white tips, once they have been applied they can look quite nice but what happens when the natural nail starts to grow and you can see it coming through from the tip, do you take them off and start again or when doing a re-balance apply a white gel??? very curious thanks xx

Good question Kelly, i would like to know the answer to this as well. I've only been taught to use white tips and naturals!!!!

Sammie

Kellyc said:
on the note of white tips, once they have been applied they can look quite nice but what happens when the natural nail starts to grow and you can see it coming through from the tip, do you take them off and start again or when doing a re-balance apply a white gel??? very curious thanks xx

To rebalance a white tip would be the same as rebalancing a permanent french - either with gel or L&P. Therefore if you used the white tip because you were unable to do smile lines then you would have the same problem when rebalancing - it is best to learn to do smiles from the beginning and then you don't need to buy white tips LOL.

Have to say i agree with Fiona it is better to be able to do your own smile lines then you don't ever have a problem with the rebalance etc.

I do occasionally use white tips however when i have a client who only wants them for a short time or special occasion. It does just save time as no need to blend and fiddle with smile lines.

However if they decide they do like them then i end up doing a french rebalance with white acrylic anyway. My smile lines aren't perfect yet but i still persevere with them. I know i will get there in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back