whats the best anti- nail biter treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi all
Ive got a client who wants to stop biting her nails and wants to know whats the best anti biter polish for her, ive persuader her to have regular manincures of course!!

thanks in advance
Carrie xx

Well, if you asked Carl (NailZoo) he would say, put her fingers in dog poo! :lol:

Hand cuffs !:lol:
People say that if you wear a really bright coloured polish, when you put your fingers in your mouth you will notice the brightness of the polish and this should remind you not to bite them as most people do it with out realising they are doing so

I'd say, as an exteme biter myself (ashamedly) a nice set of enhancements are the best discouragement. x

With me, it was being ill for over a week, and being so ill I didn’t bite my nails or chew the skin around them. Had used some bitter nail paints intended for the purpose, but they were not enough of a deterrent. Having a real free edge that could be seen (even if it was nowhere near the end of the finger) was a great incentive. Possibly having a good manicure (so there are no rough bits to pick at) and short tips, but long enough and smooth, so the difference can be felt, may work?

I'd say, as an exteme biter myself (ashamedly) a nice set of enhancements are the best discouragement. x

yep thats what i thought girls, keep painting her nails, my client is a cleaner and always washing her hands bless her!!

Regular manicures and if all else fails get the client to dip their fingers in some hot chilli sauce etc....it stays even when they've washed their hands..a winner.. if they are not a fan of chilli obviously:lol:

staple the mouth - that should do it hahhahah

i think alot of nailbiters find it hard (very hard) to stop. I infact am a nail biter but not as bad as i used to be years ago. when i take my nails off and the length of my own nails is way past the end of my finger, i tend to run them thro my teeth and just basically play with them then wonder why they break - YIKES - WHY DID I DO THAT. i dont bother putting them in my big gob when i got enhancements on tho

The best treatment for nailbiters (I have found) is applying enhancements, keeping them short and making sure there aren't any edges that they will pick at.

And make sure you give them a good telling off if any picking is evident..i have cured alot of my nail biting clients this way..sometimes i feel a bit OTT..but my clients are so proud when they have been good..and it saves them money.:lol:

And make sure you give them a good telling off if any picking is evident..i have cured alot of my nail biting clients this way..sometimes i feel a bit OTT..but my clients are so proud when they have been good..and it saves them money.:lol:

I agree, I have shamed many clients into stopping, but when in doubt make em dip em in dog poo in the morning (it's a friendly reminder all day long):lol:

Latest posts

Back