What's the best builder in a bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
What's everyones recommendations for builder in a bottle? Tgb is just a no go for me anymore. There's to much worry surrounding it. The trouble is I've tried a couple of other brands and they don't last no where near as long as tgb? X

INK London brought out their SOBIAB at the end of January. It’s lasted well on all my clients and I finally infilled my own today after 3 weeks and 5 days (not had time until today) and they still looked perfect.

I prefer it to TGB’s BIAB. And I have a lot more confidence in INK London as they produce their own products in the EU, with their own chemist. If you do decide to try it, follow their application guide and video as it differs to TGB in that it needs to be built up gradually, not applied too thickly in one go and requires 90 seconds curing in a matched lamp. (INK have 2 options, but have also confirmed the CND and the Gelish lamps also cure).

I also second INK London's SOBIAB. I love the shorter brushes too, makes for easier application in my opinion.
I put a layer of both TGB BIAB and INK SOBIAB onto a silicone mat and cured them under a lamp so I could compare! (Wierd I know!) And actually found inks SOBIAB a little stronger. When I bent it between my fingers it curved where TGB bent in the middle.
Hope you find this info helpful

Try Jimmy gel by Light Elegance. Jimmy gel is a soak-off BIAB, can be used in many ways and the company produce hypo-allergenic HEMA free products, which is why I decided to go with them. No hybrids, either! They use their own chemist and this gel is named after Jim McConnell, who owns the company. Jimmy Gel is a completely unique product to their line, which consists of potted hard builder and colour gels and glitter gels, and a range of bottled colour/glitter gels called P+ (unavailable in the UK). There are some videos on Youtube about the brand and the product, and you can buy it from Sweetsquared. I haven't got mine yet, as it has literally only just come out, but I already use their gels and they're wonderful. Their buttercream gels are wonderful. Check out Sweetsquared: https://www.sweetsquared.com/LE-Jimmy-Gel-Soak-off-Building-Base-15ml :)

What's everyones recommendations for builder in a bottle? Tgb is just a no go for me anymore. There's to much worry surrounding it. The trouble is I've tried a couple of other brands and they don't last no where near as long as tgb? X
hey can I ask what’s the worry surrounding TGB builder in a bottle as I’ve just ordered some ?

TGB smell terrible. So chemically. Only good marketing

I use tgb and have done for ages, what’s the worry with it? I’ve missed this

I use tgb and have done for ages, what’s the worry with it? I’ve missed this

Lots of reports of unexplained onycholisis from very experienced techs so not down to improper application. Its also manufacturered in China so some queries over ingredients/allergens. That said I think I saw something about them moving manufacturering to Europe but I don't use it so wasn't fully taking it in. Use the search for some posts.

Lots of reports of unexplained onycholisis from very experienced techs so not down to improper application. Its also manufacturered in China so some queries over ingredients/allergens. That said I think I saw something about them moving manufacturering to Europe but I don't use it so wasn't fully taking it in. Use the search for some posts.

Wow crikey! I will, thanks. I use it A LOT with no problems so far but good to be aware

Wow crikey! I will, thanks. I use it A LOT with no problems so far but good to be aware

I didn’t join or read it but I think there's a FB page dedicated to those having issues, I'm pretty sure I saw a link to it on one of the posts on here

I didn’t join or read it but I think there's a FB page dedicated to those having issues, I'm pretty sure I saw a link to it on one of the posts on here

It’s Nail Tech Awareness set up by Suzanne Clayton who experienced the same issues with Premier Gel. All the respected experts in the industry contribute on the group from time to time too. There’s been a fair amount of bickering unfortunately from those that refuse to believe there’s a problem, so comments are monitored more now.

I have tried INK builder but personally, as everything else, SBD is great, I use their Clear builder and french pink builder!

Latest posts

Back