Whats the best part of your hair visit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats most important to you when you visit your hair salon???

• The wonderful massage with your shampoo?

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • The fabulous Hair cut?

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • The amazing treatment that made you hair feel like silk?

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • The free gourmet coffee thats served?

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I go to my salon because its cheap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont really care so long as they cut my hair well

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • The consultation

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi

I am doing a little research on what clients really think is important when they have their hair done. I have added a poll.

I really want to know whats the most important part, or the part / parts you enjoy the most and would return to that particular salon for.

Many thanks x

well its not the most important but its the nicest.....

when they massage the conditioner in....Mmmmmmmm...they never do this for long enough...:lol:

The most important part for me is the first 10 mins consultation....for me to say what i want and for them to reassure me that it will suit, is achievable and confirm back what they are doing.

As far as I'm concerned, those little extras are very nice, but all I really want is for a hairdresser to understand my hair and cut it well.

I think that choice no#1 is the resulting hair cut.
Because if you didn't care, then you'd let your dog groomer do it.

Choice no#2............... THE SHAMPOO!!!

It must be a wonderful and luxuriating and relaxing and stimulating scrub and rub. If done right, makes the client feel pampered and special.
If done wrong, the client feels like a 'number' in a chair.
Rushing a shampoo, for me, is the quickest way for my hairdresser to lose a tip.
I go to FEEL good. I can blow dry my own hair.
But the shampoo has to be TOPS!

If I could afford to get that every week...... I WOULD!!!

I voted for two because they are both important to me - the cut and the massage ... in that order!

For me, it's the cut that is the most important (closely followed by a coffee:lol:).

I would happily pay upto £40 for a cut and blowdry, regardless of the location and frills. I would also be happy to pay those prices for a mobile appointment.

I voted for the really good cut.

It is the only thing I go for, I really hate 'being fiddled about with, loathe all forms of massage, so the pampering side of things is of no interest to me.

Strangely enough I know several people who feel like me.

I voted for two because they are both important to me - the cut and the massage ... in that order!
Me too, but I also added the treatment. As well as walking out with hair that looks and feels fabulous, I always leave feeling nutured, invigorated. So it's not only the fab hair, it's the fab person doing it.

well I had to vote consultation cos I hate it when people dont listen! Too many times I havent been given quite what I asked for, but I am more assertive now and I am sorry but in future if my stylist is chatting to her mate about whatever, I will get up and leave, end of!
But also I love it when I get a proper consultation, which is a 2-way thing not just me talking!

I personally don't enjoy the hairwash, or the massage, just want them to get on with it!!!

I also feel a little tense explaining what I want to the HD.

Only when shes cutting it do I start to relax a bit.

TBH the hairdressers is a necessity NOT an enjoyable experience for me. But I go every 4 weeks cos my hair grows like anything.

I am so spoiled, my hairdresser is friendly, damed good at her job, is a mind reader, makes wonderful coffee and give the most amazing head massage and all for £32 oh and she usually manages to find room for me the next day.
I am a shower, run fingers through hair then go person and her cut is so good that even 6 weeks later it will still fall into place without loads of styling.
So yes I like the whole package but top 2 the cut itself and the massage:hug:

Shampoo and head massage wins every time ... no doubt about it.

Hi

Thanks everyone, one of the reasons i was asking is we are having a refit this year and an extension, i was looking at the massaging backwash units. At present we do a short massage with conditioner and an indian head massage with a treatment.

My mum is one of those people who hate to be touched so is trying to talk me out of spending nearly double on these units!

BUT the majority of our clients love a massage so i wondered if they would enjoy a back one whilst having their hair washed?? what you do all think?

Imagine this:

the area is seperate from the rest of the salon, with low lighting and very low music, the chairs recline and there is an electric leg rest to raise your legs so you are nearly horizontal. (reseach shows this takes the pressure off your neck)

There is a hand held control so you can control the massage functions whilst your scalp and hair are expertly diagnosed and cleansed followed by either a conditioner with a massage or a treatment with a full indian head massage.

Drying to know what you all think:hug:

Sounds like heaven Tracy ... when can I make an appointment?! :lol:

The hairdressers near us have done this....the room is painted black and in the ceiling are little twinkle lights..like stars in the dark night. The chairs are just as you describe....and its all lovely...they also had plasma tv's fitted at each work station......BUT...they also I'd the price quite alot at the same time...i guess they have to pay for it all some how, but I'd rather my hair bill be less...:lol:

I am probably a strange one but for me visiting a hairdressers is like going to the dentist...

The consultation would be important for me first and foremost...but then I have had some great consultations...been told all I want to know and more...been listened to...

but when it comes down to it...I have yet to find a hairdresser who has truly listened to me...and done what I want and not what they want to do....:irked:

My last great haircut/hairdresser was in 1985 approx....!!!!

I always come away from the hair salon wanting to cry...
So for a good few years I haven't been at all and now pull it all out :rolleyes: ( another story )

but....

I do love the massaging and hair washing....that's the only good bit....xxx

the most important thing for me is the cut......i would bend over a bath and have it washed(which i do) ...than not have the cut i wanted....
i still get my hair done either at mine or at my mobile hairdressers house...she is the only one who knows as soon as i say what i want.....she gets it.........so will stick to bending over the bath whilst she washes it................
as for salon...the best bit......the hair wash.....and its great having the only short hair in my class becasue i am everyones fingerdry...........but they have to give me a good head massage or they cant use me ...lol

I voted for the good cut, I'm lucky i always manage to get this from my hairdresser but the one thing that disappoints me is the fact that she uses the cheapest shampoo she can get her hands on, (i do know this cos she is a mate and i used to work with her and go to the wholesalers with her)
and its just not nice,
i aways wash my hair myself at home before going to her with it wet,
so i would say it is important from a clients view to have a nice smelling shampoo that leaves your hair feeling great jmo
i love your plans with the chairs they sound fab hth

Hiya,
I voted for the cut, then the massage and then the silky feeling, in that order! I do love being offered loads of free hot drinks as well! (usually go for a hot chocolate!) and I love it when my hairdresser (who is a bloke!) helps me put my coat on! That's me speaking as a client!

I think if you've got the room it's a great idea, especially for your quieter days at the beginning of the week. I would absolutely luv it! However, I have to agree with your mum, if the equipment is really expensive, you MUST weigh up all the pro's and cons.

Luv, Mrs Bean! xxx:)

Latest posts

Back