What's the cause of this with tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I have these 2 clients that are mother & daughter have been tanning them for near on 2 years & the past few times they have said that:

The tan has gone green on just there tummy

Patchy arms/legs the daughter work do wears leggings so that's why

The mum goes topless & doesn't put a bra on but says where her bra would go when she showers the next day is so dark & she has a outline of a bra???

The daughter just sent me this they had a tan 4 days ago

These are the only 2 that seem to have problems they leave me all perfect & nice coverage

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394460887.115860.jpg

I just don't understand??

Has the mother maybe put her bra back on after leaving the salon?
Both clients are leaving the salon with an even tan, so to me it sounds that it might be something they are doing when they get home.
I wouldn't worry if you are giving the relevant aftercare advice and the tan is fine when they leave, it's out of your control!
Have you recently changed your tan or machine?

I would also stress the importance of prepping the skin properly before tanning as green patches sound like these is some kind of product on the skin.
Also the skin could be slightly dry where her bra strap usually rubs which could explain the tan sticking to this part.
A good skin exfoliation before a tan is my war cry! It makes such a difference.
Also a little moisturiser every day stops the skin from drying and the tan going scaly!

If the strap if the bra is too right it will rub and a callus will form - hence the darker patch , perfumed products on the skin may also turn a tan green , as can hair removal creams

Melissa the mother doesn't put a bra back on until the next day (or she says that)

No have been using the same machine for near on 3 years & no one else has problems

I think if her bra is tight and rubbing it could be causing her to have slightly dry skin in this area which the tan sticks to, even when the colour guide has been washed off.
It sounds to me like you are doing everything you should be doing, and can do for that matter so I wouldn't worry about it, what clients do (or don't do) when they leave the salon is totally out if our control!
I would just stress the importance of skin prep and aftercare again as this is what it sounds like to me!
Don't worry and don't lose confidence or stress as you are doing everything you should be!

If the strap if the bra is too right it will rub and a callus will form - hence the darker patch , perfumed products on the skin may also turn a tan green , as can hair removal creams

I agree with noreen. When I go running I get the same on my boobs where my sports bra rubs ( got a new one now). I used to get a mark on each boobie just like that after my tan developed xx

Never had this with a client but I get the mark where my bra goes, to get around this I put a small amount of barrier cream where I get it and rub it in, this has fixed the problem for me. I exfoliate extremely well but will still get it, I think it's just a dry area of my skin so I treat it like my knees or elbows. Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back