Whats the difference between cuticle eraser or remover - confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,this may sound a stupid question but we havnt covoured it in college really.Can you tell me whats the difference in cuticle araser and cuticle remover from creative.Or anymore i should know on the removal of cuticles plz??

Confused now!:confused::confused::confused:

eraser works like a exfoliator...its worked into the nail and slugs off the skin.

remover is just that .. you use it to remove the skin using a metal pushee.

there are some threads with better info than i have just given..i will find them for you. x

Cuticle Eraser is a micro exfoliating cuticle cream which also hydrates the nails folds, and is a retail item. This doesn't need washing off, you can remove with Scrubfresh.

Cuticle remover is a professional strength cuticle remover and callus softener specifically designed to help efficiently remove the cuticle from the surface of the natural nail. This needs to be removed by a Citrusoak/water mix, or soap and water. It is not a retail item.

Hth's

Oh i see thanks for the link and both replys x

So when you are doing a manicure what do use use first and how please? sorry to sound dumb but we just used cuticle remover {cheap make} in our manicure near the end of manicure at college.So can anyone explain to me how and when to use these removers please?
xx

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules for manicuress....the way i do it may be different to how others do it.

I sanitise hands first

cuticle remover and leave to work for a few mins

metal pushee to remove cuticle

rinse of with water and citrus soak

dry nails

shape

buff and seal free edges

enamel stages..

oil

If I were doing a manicure I would use Cuticle Eraser, not remover.

Mini Mani
File free edge
Cuticle Eraser, massage into each fingernail
Remove cuticle using pushie/chisel (whichever tool you use)
Scrubfresh
Enamel

Mani
File free edge
Cuticle Eraser
Remove cuticle
Scrubfresh
double moisture pack with Cuticle Eraser and Solar Oil, buff into the nail using a 1200 buffer
Do mani using your chosen product
Scrubfresh
Enamel

I use Cuticle Remover on fingers when doing enhancements (although I know that others still use Eraser) and when doing a pedi.

Latest posts

Back