What's the easiest way to apply form for sculpting on yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I have never sculpted on my own nails as I knew I'd get into a right mess with trying to apply forms to my nails!

I have just sculpted a stiletto on my pinkie (it's in the critique forum) and I had to try & put it on loads of times and when I got going, the blooming thing popped open ffs! Got myself in a right pickle!!
I do use a new form if I have problems on a client, but with myself I'm just cack-handed!

I like sculpting and love the shape that it produces. So what, in your opinion, is the best form to use on yourself?

I have been using EzFlow's Universal forms which I love for other peeps. I have CND Professional (blue & silver) jobbies, which I think are too clatty for me. I have tried NSI Oblong ones & I use bog standard horseshoes when making repairs to chipped/broken nails.

With the EzFlow Universal forms...I get my shape (C curve) before I even go near my nail. The form holds the shape brilliantly.
Then once applied and the tabs are together I just snip into the tabs with my scissors and twist . They never pop open then.

With the EzFlow Universal forms...I get my shape (C curve) before I even go near my nail. The form holds the shape brilliantly.
Then once applied and the tabs are together I just snip into the tabs with my scissors and twist . They never pop open then.

Thanks for that Izzi, I'll try that:hug:.
I persoanlly prefer EzFlow Universal forms to any of the others I've tried, they are very easy to use (on other peeps!). I do roll them from side to side to get the curve too, before applying.

I use the ezflow forms too ( and also CND performance forms)
With the ezflow when applying on myself,
*I stick the sticky tab in the middle bit, underneath the free edge part,
*Then roll to create the c curve,
*Then I personally pinch the tabs together and pull open the 2 bits that go around my finger (after tearing the perforated part)
*I then hold the form at the tabs (the bottom 2 stuck together)
*and guide the form under my free edge....give it a little rock into place.
*Then run my fingers down the open sticky tabs to stick to my finger.

SOunds sooo complicated writing it down lol

*Then I personally pinch the tabs together and pull open the 2 bits that go around my finger (after tearing the perforated part)

Not at all....sounds exactly what I do when applying forms on myself...then I snip and twist...then sculpt!!

which bit do you snip and twist ?
The bottom tabs or the ones on top of the finger ?
~~emms tries to demonstrate in thin air ~~
:green:

Oh ho! I KNEW there had to be a trick to this. I never have that problem with my CND forms but my EZ flows were driving me bonkers with the popping open.

S

I do exactly the same as Emmsybabes. I was shown this method by Georgie Smedley when training and it works really well.

Oh, I'll have to try that next time a form opens due to poor glue - thanks! :green:

No it's OK Emms...strangely...I understand you!!!pmsl!

I will give that ago, along with the snip & twist bit.
I did not even think to close the two front tabs 1st...derrrrrr. Chrikey...How long have I been a nail tech!!!!!??!

my new forms, opi's, have a super glue ;)

i apply it easily but i practiced it for a while

Latest posts

Back