What's the going daily rate to rent a space out to a nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
Ok also need your help on this one too guys, I'm really stuck on what to do.

I rent a space in a salon 4 days a week to do nails in, I pay £25 a day to the owner, I brought my own client base (which is pretty good) and I have space for new ones too.

Some days I'm very busy and making pretty good money, but the last few weeks I had some days which have been shocking and I not even covered my £25 daily rent.

I pay for my own stock and insurance as well as childcare and the last few weeks I have come out very little money to pay bills with.

I really don't know what to do. I love working in the salon, I have a very good client base which I built up whilst I worked from home (can't do this anymore as we need the spare room I worked from) but I can't go on earning the type of money I'm coming out with once, rent, childcare and stock have come out of the takings.

I want to know what is the going rate for a nail tech rent a space?

I closed my salon in march and had two nail techs, we agreed on 70/30 in their favour , they provided their own products. It worked out better than rental for me and for them.

Ok also need your help on this one too guys, I'm really stuck on what to do.

I rent a space in a salon 4 days a week to do nails in, I pay £25 a day to the owner, I brought my own client base (which is pretty good) and I have space for new ones too.

Some days I'm very busy and making pretty good money, but the last few weeks I had some days which have been shocking and I not even covered my £25 daily rent.

I pay for my own stock and insurance as well as childcare and the last few weeks I have come out very little money to pay bills with.

I really don't know what to do. I love working in the salon, I have a very good client base which I built up whilst I worked from home (can't do this anymore as we need the spare room I worked from) but I can't go on earning the type of money I'm coming out with once, rent, childcare and stock have come out of the takings.

I want to know what is the going rate for a nail tech rent a space?

Hi chick, horrible isnt it to know whether to carry on and ride the rough or quit whilst your not too down and find an alt :(
My suggestions would be £100pw seems quite high (although I dont know your area etc) I would speak with the boss and explain. She probably already knows as its the first thing she will be thinking when she sees you sitting there with no clients. I would push for a reduction seen as though you are there the 4 days so say its £25 a day or £70 for your full working week.

But like has been suggested above giving her 30% of your takings at the end of each day will prob work best, that way you never go home at a loss and some days your boss will take more than the usual £25 ( but you wont mind then as youll be up too)

Good luck chick. Im sure youll be ok. But def get something sorted to suit you both, remember se doesnt want you to quit either so work together on the problem xxx

i charge £10 a day. she pays a month in advance £200 and a deposit. she takes her own appointments, although saturday were all my clients! and currently works 4 x 6 hour days at her discretion. hope that helps.

£25 a day is about right, maybe you should do some advertising and try to build up customers for on the days when your not busy?

If we all decided to stop trading because we werent busy, no-one would be working.

Get out there and sell yourself!

Do you use facebook? How many friends have you got? Market yourself on facebook, its free!

I have a pretty good clientele who all re-book their next 3 appointments before they leave.
I use Facebook, daily, have a website. My price lists in loads of shops, loyalty card and friend referral scheme. I just find once the rent has been taken off I'm left with very little money. All the hard work and effort I'm putting in doesn't seem to be paying off.

I can't work from home anymore due to no space, so just don't know what to do. Once rent been taken off I don't know how to pay for stock as well as childcare and life in general.

I like the sound of commission instead of a daily rent. Will suggest that.

It sounds a lot to me. I know it depends on your area but where I am you can rent a whole upstairs for £100 per week. I pay £60 a week for a room where I do my treatments and my nail bar which is in the actual salon, I work five days, they take all my bookings for me also. Have you checked around your area to see what others are paying? Have you tried looking somwhere else - or just discuss it with the owner and explain your situation, I think £25 a day is too much, especially if you just have a nail bar and no other room. Hope you sort something out xx

Latest posts

Back