Whats the length of your nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennie NE

Reaction score
Just wondering how long everyones nails are? :rainbow: I see some nail techs around here with VERY long nails and wonder how they survive. I soaked my set off (they hurt so bad and look aweful) and am putting on a new set for my trip to Texas next week. I'm thinking of going longer than usual. Lately my nails have been all different lengths due to filing them off. How does everyone keep there nails looking so nice when working on so many clients. :scat: I hate using that wrap because I like to use my nails for everything when doing fills and the wrap gets in the way.Just curious!

Jennie,

Mine are fairly short, french white tips w/clear acrylic. I wear contact lenses and realized years ago that anything past a certain length would interfere with removing the lenses. If I didn't wear them, I would keep my nails longer. They are about 1/8 inch past my finger tips, if that.

I wear mine medium length and oval/almond shaped. They never go out of shape through work if they are almond already!! Always pink and white Forever French. A very feminine look.

My nail beds are approximately 1.2cm long and my nail length is approximately 0.5cm long.

Does that make them medium length?

I'd love to have square tips, but typing wears them down, so I recently filed them all oval.

Kx

long, stiletto nails - Perfect Pink for the plate and glitter tips - can't wait for Metro Metal colours to come out from CND - black glitter, chocolate brown, bronze, gold etc - REALLY FAB! :p yum

mrs geek said:
long, stiletto nails - Perfect Pink for the plate and glitter tips - can't wait for Metro Metal colours to come out from CND - black glitter, chocolate brown, bronze, gold etc - REALLY FAB! :p yum

Awwww....don't tease Mrs Geek :D ...when are these going to available...I do love a glitter.

Incidentally, are CND planning any sort of training on nail art with coloured acrylics at all....or are they doing that already? You see all these wonderful things people are creating with coloured acrylics/glitters but I woudn't know where to start, especially all the 3D flowers etc?

they should be shipped June - they really are gorgeous - got a sneak preview in NY in March! These are brand new so you really have heard it here first!! 8) Yes is the answer to your question on classes although Geek Man has a lot more info. He has hurt his leg and has a cold and is feeling very miserable - as only men can! :? :shock: Will get him to post later!! ;)

mrs geek said:
they should be shipped June - they really are gorgeous - got a sneak preview in NY in March! These are brand new so you really have heard it here first!! 8) Yes is the answer to your question on classes although Geek Man has a lot more info. He has hurt his leg and has a cold and is feeling very miserable - as only men can! :? :shock: Will get him to post later!! ;)

Excellent news...thanks for letting us know and I'm pleased to hear there will be classes....oh boy do I need to start working a little bit harder and earning a few dollars more now then!

Hope poor old Mr Geek feels better soon....

My nails:
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/mysalon.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=310

Oh Anna
they are fab :D and guess what mine are done exactly the same :D
I love the subtle effect on the tip dont you?
Take care Dawnie

Cool Dawnie! Yes, I love the shimmery white!

anna those are beautiful :D

mine are a slight bit longer at the moment

I wear my nails about the same length as Anna's. I have no trouble working with them. Guess I'm used to them. I don't really have any tips on keeping your nails nice. I never wear polish, just pink & white gels ! Occasionally I might add a sparkle to them for special occassions though!

I love a bit of sparkle although I do keep it subtle.
The length of mine are not too long but if they are rounded rather than square they are easier to use if they are longer. by the way, how does everyone take such great pics, I don`t seem to be able to photograph nails that good????????

I LURVE glitter and sparkles! :D

Your nails are FAB Anna!

At the moment I'm experimenting with 'Like a Virgin' by nailgraphics.

Black glitter sounds cool! :D

Kx

debbiepromotions said:
I love a bit of sparkle although I do keep it subtle.
The length of mine are not too long but if they are rounded rather than square they are easier to use if they are longer. by the way, how does everyone take such great pics, I don`t seem to be able to photograph nails that good????????

I love my digital camera, you can take as many pictures as you want and it doesn't cost you anything...that way you learn quicker.
I have Nikon CoolPix 885.
I got the camera almost a year ago and took over 2200 shots (not all nails LOL, lots of flowers,my dogs, cats..)
Below a flower on my apple tree in fron of my house (took the picture couple hours ago)

http://groups.msn.com/AnnaLajourdie/flowers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=191

Cool picture! :D

I'm gonna put a Nikon Coolpix on my wishlist!

Kx

I don't know how they get such good closeups. I bought a Kodak digital camera ($450) and still can't get good clear closeup shots! Grrrrrrrrrr
Maybe being camera illiterate has something to do with it LOL

I keep mine always natural and short to medium. I do a weekly manicure and try to always wear nail art. Here are mine today:

stripes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back