What's the most damaged nail you've come across so far?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask you all this question as my daughter has rather a nasty looking thumbnail at the moment.
She had her thumbnail shut in a door (closed properly!!!) a few weeks ago and she's now losing her nail.
It was really quite bad but nothing that could have been stitched due to where the damage was, she ended up with a slice across her thumb, just above her eponychium and the piccy below is what it looks like now :eek:

I took some advice from Gigi earlier on today as I wanted to know if I could trim the edge of the lifted nail to relieve some of the pressure it was putting on her surrounding skin, it's now been done and is looking a lot better than it does in the pic.

So come on, tell (or show) us the most damaged nail you've encountered so far.

Attachments

• thumbnail.JPG
    thumbnail.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 4,056
Well to be honest I am just glad I haven't actually seen anything or experienced anything like your daughters nail :eek:

Poor thing...that isn't good...I hope she milked it for all it was worth :lol:

Emmsybabes toe nail was really the worst I have seen...but again that was on here...

Poor thing...that isn't good...I hope she milked it for all it was worth :lol:
Most definitely lol...
no washing up, I was washing her hair for her, she was resting her arm as much as possible due to the weeping wound (for just over a week), she's got some serious catch-up to do :lol:

o0h sandi that looks bad !!
my pic is from a lady who came to me this time last year , I did a thread on it as I sent her to the GP, she had been wearing stick ons for years and this was the result, Gigi said in the thread that I'd advised the right thing and this lady would thank me for it and become a loyal client .. and as ever the good lady was right, she returned 3 months later nails in good condition, she has returned every 2 weeks for a rebalance, lovely lady and a loyal client.

wish I has a picture of her nails now, I'll try and do one this week !!

Attachments

• linda.JPG
    linda.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 805
wow some good 'mingy' pictures there girlies :eek:

wish I has a picture of her nails now, I'll try and do one this week !!
wowser, they're were in a bad way, that thumb nail looks really terrible... as an unsuspecting member of the public you'd never imagine stick on's doing that kind of damage.

an up to date pic would be fantastic :green:

OMG!! I have yet to experiance anything like the above.. but my worst is this one.. looking better now after some treaments.. and finaly enhancements.
Basically this had the lot..
hang nail
Brittle
Dermatitas around the nail plate
discolouration
onycholysis
nail grooves
non existant lunala from overgrown matrix...

It was the worst of a bad bunch.. but a great lesson in identifying and treating/managing contra-indications
th_IMGP0066.jpg
th_ebay043.jpg

Felt under the weather before I looked at those piccies - now where is the bucket and vomit icon???? 32.gif

how did you go from there in regards to treatment? Or didn't you?
I applied an overlay to this lady, a custom blended one,
she kept it on for weeks and weeks..
then the next time I saw her, her nail had grown loads,
so again, I repeated what I had done,
by the next time I saw her it was a fully grown nail with no sign that it was ever this bad,

she was very lucky actually,
I only ever performed 1 removal on her I think,
she litrally leaves the nails on untill they have almost grown off
so I would normally just file down what was left and reapply,
But I actually saw her last weekend, and she said look at my nails,
she still had the very remains of a set of enhancements I did on her a few months ago (off to check dates) she has just left them on to grow out :eek:

Yes I have explained the ins and outs of regular maintenence, but with some people it just fall's on to deaf ears !

But I actually saw her last weekend, and she said look at my nails,
she still had the very remains of a set of enhancements I did on her a few months ago (off to check dates) she has just left them on to grow out :eek:
!
just checked and the last time I saw her was on the 21st of june :eek:
thats how long she has had them on for .....madness !

this is the worst i've seen...this is my husbands ingrown toenail after he had it removed...warning it's really gross! http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/Pasteys/n773025654_365634_5581.jpg

Omg, that is really gross, had just taken a mouthful of my cuppa!

I don't have pics but one of my clients shut her finger in a car door and she was in agony, she had to go to the hospital and they said if she had not had l&p on the damage would have been a lot worse. They had to drill two holes in her nail to relieve the pressure:eek: I thought she might have lost the nail but it has went all colours and you can see the new growth starting now. It does look on one side as if part of the damaged nail is coming away.

She is coming on Wednesday so I'll take a piccy.

Here's a link to my before & after web page....the 4th set of pics was done about 2 1/2 yrs ago before I had undergone my CND training and did not know about custom blending...so they are by no means perfect, but a lot better than the original nails!!

Nails at Home

you do beautiful nails!

One of my clients recently shut her thumb in a car door, the whole nail dropped off and she almost lost the tip of her thumb . . . she had it bandaged for about 6 weeks, it is slowly starting to grow back but is very very lumpy

Probably the worst nails I have ever seen were my hubbies Aunties nails. Her niece is doing a beauty course in College which also covers nail enhancements. She went into be a model for her 1 day and the nails were fine, not great but ok, 3 weeks later she had her 1st rebalance, it was a poor job, 1 week later hubbies Aunty complained that her nails were hurting her, so she picked them all off???? Not sure why she didnt ask me to soak them but hey.
Anyway, the niece came down to remove rest of product and she filed right the way through all of her nails, there was blood and all nails were squidgy, actually made me queezy!

Aunty couldnt wash her hair or anything, it was a terrible shame.

Im still unsure why she didnt ask me to do something for her, maybe she thought she would carry on helping out her niece and that her niece would be the one to sort it out as she did the nails!

I wish I had a pic, think bloody stumps and your half way there!:eek:

Although an interesting thread, some of the posts make it pretty gruesome reading :eek:

Latest posts

Back