What's the most embarrassing thing you have forgotten for a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once doing a bikini wax - lets just say the lady only has it done once a year so you can imagine what it was like! In my panic ( I dont know why i had a panic, I just did!) I forgot to trim before I applied the wax (spatula & pot method) and the wax just got so taffled up in all that fur, so I tried (in my wisdom) to cut it out with nail scissors, which then got stuck in the wax! So I had to then get a bigger pair of scissors, to free the smaller scissors and oh my lord what a mess!

I am qualified, honest - but was still at college at the time!!

Oh, and I forgot to tone during a facial, but that was just a few weeks ago! argh help!

Ah......I am so glad I am not the only one who has done this!!!! LOL I was crying laughin reading some of these posts!! Bloomin wax nightmares, hope Kim Lawless doesn't read this or she will be giving us both a :smack:!!!

I had a bikini wax phobia after that! But am glad to say have had no disasters since! Well - wax ones anyway!

Gosh, years & years ago I had a lady in for an eye lash tint. Finished the treatment, but didn't think it looked that much darker. Didn't say so to the client though.

Anyway the client seemed ok about it but didn't re-book.

It wasn't 'til later in the day I realised I hadn't put any activator in with the tint, so no wonder it didn't look any different lol.

Never done that since.

Well this is not about what I forgot but what someone forgot to do for me........I went to a local day spa, which is also a hotel, for my cousin's hen day. 12 of us were booked in for a pamper day which included lunch, 3 treatments - facial, full body massage and dry floatation tank, then dinner in the evening when more friends and family were to arrive.

As you can imagine we were all a bit like ships passing in the night during the day apart from lunch time because of the amount of treatments we all had to get through at different times.

My dry floatation tank treatment was the last treatment of the day for me and was due to be carried out at 5 pm and the spa closed at 6pm.

Well never having had one before "and I ain't gonna have one ever again" I did not know what to expect from the dry floatation tank but to my relief no water was involved, you were wrapped in a heavy plastic wrap and the machine lowered you down and it was meant to feel as though you were floating. Can't say it was what I expected or it blew my top, but it was a long day of doing nothing which makes you feel sleepy and when they dimmed the lights and left me alone in the room I was asleep within no time.

When I woke up I was really hot and sweaty and uncomfortable. The first thing that dawned on me was it was very quite and lights had gone out - eeeek!!! Trying not to panic I had to climb out of this machine and fumble about in the dark for my dressing gown as I had nothing on but knickers - not a pretty sight, good job it was dark.

Anyway, by now my heart is racing and my mind is doing over time - what if there is a fire and I can't get out, cos with an imagination like mine I am sure I can smell burning, what if I am dead and this is what hell is really like cos I can't see a flipping thing, I feel totally lost and scared stiff, and I can't even find the treatment room door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway find the door, open it but is still pitch black. I know I should be in a windy corridor and just to make matters worse as I am trying to walk along the corridor in a mad panic, I knock into some thing that falls over and I fall over it and things go every where (it was a trolley lined up against the wall). I get to the door by now half hysterical cos I am concinved the place must be on fire as surely no one would just have left me there and gone home, would they?????

Get through the door and I can see I am in the corridor going to the main reception area of the spa and although the lights are off I can see lights from the hotel corridor through the main glass door. Everything seems calm outside but by now I have lost the plot and the doors are locked - They flipping well have gone home and left me in the treatment room without checking as I can see another guest just walk past the glass door and give me a strange look and walk on quick - oops need to put the dressing gown on that I am clutching and stop wailing like a hysterical lunatic!!!!!!

So I ring the hotel reception on they phone at the spa reception which says "main reception on the button" and explain calmly and totally in control of my emotions NOT, that they have locked me in their blinkin spa and have flipping well gone home thank you very much, so would someone like to come and let me out now pleeeeeease before I really spit my dummy out - arrrrrgh!!!! Can laugh about it now, could not at the time.

Last edited:
:smack:how about this one
I was working in a salon quite new to nails and i had a client in who was booked in the diary for a full set of nail enhancements (or so i thought) filled in a quick record card and went to work, cutting all her long nails off thinking quietly to myself she doesn't need nail extensions but she went along with it anyway when i started sizing her tips she said what are you doing i only came in for a manicure (oh my god what had i done) she let me finish what i'd started and 14 years later she's still my client:Grope:

Hi fellow geeks!

I'm really not feeling very well today been up since 4am with a headache and and nausea and now, just for fun, I got the shakes too :sad:

Anyway I have a very good client who is off on holiday tommorow who I just feel as though I cannot let down. Shes one of my few mobile clients so I am getting ready for her packing up my things and it got me thinking about the the things I have forgotten in the past which made me chuckle :lol:

Usual things are my pen :rolleyes:, orange sticks, mask brush (where I have to then apply the mask with my hands and use loads of tissues to get off them again all the while PRAYING the client doesnt notice). I once forget my top and base coat :smack: now THAT was embarrasing - what made it worse was I had all my polishes!!! The absolute worst thing I have ever done is gone to someones house to do a Paraffin Wax pedicure - and forget the Paraffin Wax heater:!: :eek:

Anyway I'd love to hear your stories about stuff you have forgotten and what you did to try and compensate hopefully you can all cheer me up and make me feel bit better!

Amy

it wast a case of forgetting something but it sure was embarressing....
when i got my first job at a salon after finishing college i had a lady in for a leg wax, so i did my prep, then applied the wax all down one half of the leg, turned round to pick up my wax strip.... the salon had run out!!!:eek: so i had to remove the wax with small eyebrow strips they had left which took ages and apolagise to the client!!
fortunately she was a regular so she found it quite funny. needless to say i left the salon after a short time :cry:

Oh ha ha sorry I just couldnt help myself but laugh. You poor thing it must have taken u ages lol xx

i remember we had this lipolosis fat burning machine (in my first job, 8 years ago)

i put the client on there after measuring her etc, its an hours programme.
i must have just had a mind blank forgot her! its wasnt till my boss (who was scary) heard some some one shouting hello that she realised shed been in there 45 mins after her treatment had finished.

but the a few months later i did it AGAIN SAME CLIENT but this time for 20mins just blammed it on the phone etc.

needless to say after that she took off the pads her self and popped her head out.

i forgot my tip cutters before, and wax strips.

xxx

Once forgot my brushes when doing acrylic nails!

Had to text hubby and get him to fetch them for me:o

OMG and i always thought i was in the wrong profession, i feel better now :lol:. Well i have forgotten my rasp twice for pedicures 'i also started using a nail file'to remove the hard skin :smack: 'i felt so stupid doing it' OH yes and she did realise, so beat that! :o another time its not what equipment i forgot it was actually the part of a treatment, i waxed the front of a lady's legs but forgot to do the back, she didn't notice because the day after 'after i remembered' i rang her up and told her, and she was like 'oh i didn't realised' and laughed. My excuse for that was i did her quiet a few treatments all in one go and we were talking lots and lots and FORGOT! lol. I know now excuse. :irked: x

I was once doing a bikini wax - lets just say the lady only has it done once a year so you can imagine what it was like! In my panic ( I dont know why i had a panic, I just did!) I forgot to trim before I applied the wax (spatula & pot method) and the wax just got so taffled up in all that fur, so I tried (in my wisdom) to cut it out with nail scissors, which then got stuck in the wax! So I had to then get a bigger pair of scissors, to free the smaller scissors and oh my lord what a mess!

I am qualified, honest - but was still at college at the time!!

Oh, and I forgot to tone during a facial, but that was just a few weeks ago! argh help!
OMG PMSL:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol: HOW MUCH WOULD I OF LOVED TO HAVE BN A FLY ON THE WALL LOL X

after my last client at Christmas I cleaned all my tan stuff thoroughly, stripped the machine, emptied the cups that I carry my solution around in back into their big bottles, tent, the works ready for my New Year appointments...

I had to meet the lady at a local pub because she lived down a country lane and said i'd never find the place otherwise, I am glad I did. GOt there, set up tent, towel on floor, did consultation etc etc, she was stripped off by now ready to go! then I realised i'd come out without my solutions!!! :eek:

I was soooo embarrassed! It took me half an hour to drive home and back to her house again, I felt like a real numpty I can tell you but she was very understanding and I got loads of recommendations from her believe it or not! lol

I forgot my screw adjuster once that holds the needle in the gun too! had been cleaning it and forgot to put it back in! couldnt understand why it was spraying solution over me when I turned it on?? How it didnt go everywhere I dont know :eek: Luckily I was only 10 minutes down the road that time too.

You live and learn...... :green:

When I was training for my reflexology I had one of my regulars and as you know you get into the flow and start drifting away and relaxing yourself then and I was coming to the end of massaging her foot and I just could not remember if I had done her other foot. I must admit I felt a bit foolish having to ask, um excuse me but ...... :lol: luckily she thought it was quite funny.

anne xx

aww ive done sp many while traing lol

was waxing a girls eyebrows and had to much wax on my spatula and droped a big lump of wax in her hair!!! :eek::eek:

ofcourse i went to get the sissors intending on cutting a clump of hair of lol my tutor near had a heart attacked and explained to use oil instead of cutting her hair lol

Luck it was my friend ciara!!!

we still talk abou that to this day :Grope:

A couple of weeks ago I squeezed a new client in who had been advised to come to me by another salon who couldnt fit her in. I applied her enhancements and some nail art and she was really happy. She paid me and I left and on the way home I realised I hadn't given her her change:eek:
It was only £5 but still I was so embarrassed!!

She has called back to book in for a rebalance so she isn't holding it against me thank god!:lol:

Last edited:
yesterday I went to get my crystals for a crystal healing session, and had LEFT THEM AT HOME!!!!

Luckily, my room is full of crystals, so I managed to cobble a set together and did an 'adapted' treatment!

won't do that again :eek:

A couple of weeks ago I squeezed a new client in who had been advised to come to me by another salon who couldnt fit her in. I applied her enhancements and some nail art and she was really happy. She paid me and I left and on the way home I realised I hadn't given her her change:eek:
It was only £5 but still I was so embarrassed!!

She has called back to book in for a rebalance so she isn't holding it against me thank god!:lol:
lol you could make a lot of money doing that, might try it :lol: Better not! lol :green:

lol you could make a lot of money doing that, might try it :lol: Better not! lol :green:
LOL you might be right! I felt so rude not paying attention to my client paying me. How embarrassing

i had a client luckily it was my auntie in and we was having a laugh and a chat when i first started doing beauty ( obviously a bit too much ) and she came in for a leg wax i waxed and tweezed all the front off her legs popped the afterwax lotion on and up she got popped her trousers on and off she went on holiday the next day i got a text from her on her holiday to say we had forgotten the back of her legs:o

wow i feel so much better, have just done a lovely set of gel extensions and forgot the base coat!!!! feel such a fool!

I went to do a spray tan and the night before I had gave my machine a good clean out. When I went to get my stuff out of my bag I realised I had left my gun, cups and filter sponge at home. I had to call my partner and get him to bring it all to me-I was so embarrassed and gave her a discount. I never had a call back for another spray tan needless to say lol.

I did Gelish on my friend a couple of weeks back and accidentily put top coat on instead of base coat :smack:! I didn't even realise until i went to put top coat on and it dawned on me i just used that same pot 10 minutes ago. A week later she said one had come off so i fessed up! We laughed about it though!

Another time, a while back while i was inbetween jobs i did a little bit of mobile for friends of friends. I went to this ladies house to do a pedicure and realised i'd forgotten polish remover. She had old polish on that needed to be taken off and she didn't have any i could borrow so i just apologised and said i would knock a few quid off as i couldn't polish them. What a numpty i am! :o

Latest posts

Back