What's the most embarrassing thing you have forgotten for a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ring the hotel reception on they phone at the spa reception which says "main reception on the button" and explain calmly and totally in control of my emotions NOT, that they have locked me in their blinkin spa and have flipping well gone home thank you very much, so would someone like to come and let me out now pleeeeeease before I really spit my dummy out - arrrrrgh!!!! Can laugh about it now, could not at the time.
Oh my goodness, something similar happened to me!

I'd taken my 4 month old daughter for some vaccinations and she'd gotten hungry. The nurse said I could use one of the rooms in the surgery to feed her. So she let me in, closed the door over and left me to it. When I came out, the place was in darkness :eek: The reception was empty, the corridors were empty, everywhere I looked! Turns out they'd all gone to staff training and forgotten about me :o As you say, can laugh about it now, but was scary at the time! :lol:

I know what thats like Lol when I did my first mobile bikini wax I covered my client's knicker area with couch roll to protect her dignity but while waxing the tissue got stuck to the hair with wax! I panicked to myself and tried to remove with cream Lol not a good idea, in the end I just covered the whole area with wax and luckily it all came off, I thought that's it I've lost my client, but she said not to worry about ruining her underwear and not worry about covering next time, thankfully she saw the funny side, she is one of my regular clients now........

My massage holster!

I had to end up using sample satchets I had picked up at the Premier show which were in an "emergency" pouch. Client didn't seem to notice thankfully. Not very professional trying to apply presure with one elbow and using the other hand and teeth to rip another satchet!

I have a regular lady who comes to my salon each week, so when she broke her hip and had a replacement I knew that she would hate not getting her hair done. So as she's a special client I went to her home to sort her out. One of the times that I went I took my wax pot because she'd asked me to do her chin. I checked everything before I left the salon and arrived at her flat. I plugged the wax pot in while I did her hair and horrors!!!! I'd forgotten the sticks!!!!

So I used a folded up business card that I had on me ... it worked :)

I was once doing a bikini wax - lets just say the lady only has it done once a year so you can imagine what it was like! In my panic ( I dont know why i had a panic, I just did!) I forgot to trim before I applied the wax (spatula & pot method) and the wax just got so taffled up in all that fur, so I tried (in my wisdom) to cut it out with nail scissors, which then got stuck in the wax! So I had to then get a bigger pair of scissors, to free the smaller scissors and oh my lord what a mess!

I am qualified, honest - but was still at college at the time!!

Oh, and I forgot to tone during a facial, but that was just a few weeks ago! argh help!

haahahahahah I just can't stop laughing!!!! hahahahhahahahaahahah:D

I turned up to do a full sculpted set of nails & forgot my sculpting forms!! Luckily she lived 5 mins from my house so nipped back to get them

I didn't realize until i was driving home thinking how well the wedding went wen i remembered i forgot to use my put water proof mascara on the bride bridemaids and a very emotional mother oops

Hahahahaha this thread is fantastic this is why I'm not mobile anymore just not organised enough x

I did a spray tan a few months ago & forgot to do the backs of a clients legs lol when she left I couldn't helping feeling something wasn't quite right? some sort of intuition lol soon found out what the next day when she text me! :eek:

Another time I did a spray tan & totally froze half way through & couldn't remember which bit came next! omg I really panicked lol

im loving this thread!! x

Glad I'm not the only scatter brain! :-D. I have forgot my cotton pads and my wax pot when doing a full leg wax! Probably a lot more too if I think about it. A few months ago i convinced myself I forgot to spray tan a clients back and back of her legs. This awful sinking feeling came over me at around 11pm and as it was too late to call I had a restless night thinking about it! Thank god when I called her she was more than happy and it was all in my head, pheew! X

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

A few weeks ago I was due to do a soak off and a new set for a lady who wanted natural nail overlays instead of french tips. I got there and realised I'd forgotten my soak off bowl... Ok, no problem, I'll just use tin foil and cotton wool, right? Wrong. I had no acetone. I asked her if she had any nail polish remover that contained acetone and she said no, then toddled off to her garage and came back waving a bottle of 'tip remover' at me. She then 'fessed up that she actually used to 'do nails' years ago! I only charged her £20 for the soak off and a new set just because I felt so dumb.

Only yesterday I went to that same lady... lo and behold, I had forgotten my cuticle pusher and remover. I faffed about for ages with an orange wood stick and said 'I'm trying to make this a much gentler treatment' whilst trying not to cringe... D'OH.

A few weeks ago I was due to do a soak off and a new set for a lady who wanted natural nail overlays instead of french tips. I got there and realised I'd forgotten my soak off bowl... Ok, no problem, I'll just use tin foil and cotton wool, right? Wrong. I had no acetone. I asked her if she had any nail polish remover that contained acetone and she said no, then toddled off to her garage and came back waving a bottle of 'tip remover' at me. She then 'fessed up that she actually used to 'do nails' years ago! I only charged her £20 for the soak off and a new set just because I felt so dumb.

Only yesterday I went to that same lady... lo and behold, I had forgotten my cuticle pusher and remover. I faffed about for ages with an orange wood stick and said 'I'm trying to make this a much gentler treatment' whilst trying not to cringe... D'OH.

I think this sounds like every therapist's worst dream!!

You're telling me!! I was there!! Bearing in mind this particular lady is 20 miles away from me too, it's not like I could just nip home :'(

Doing a full head of extensions at a clients home and forgotten the HAIR!! total Brainfart. So had to rush home to get it. At least the lady saw the funny side of it

Was at a clients to do a full set of tips,I forgot my glue so had to rush home to get that half way through treatment..shame I don't sculpt :-(
I'm more known for leaving things at clients..I've left my manicure bowls at a clients, another time I left my manicure tools and another my couch...all at the same place,different occasions! How I forgot the couch I have no idea..but luckily they're regular and when I leave now they always say they'll text me when they find something of mine haha.
Another I left my tanning tent at a clients too!

Least I manage to get the treatment done before I'm forgetful haha

Xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I was once doing a bikini wax - lets just say the lady only has it done once a year so you can imagine what it was like! In my panic ( I dont know why i had a panic, I just did!) I forgot to trim before I applied the wax (spatula & pot method) and the wax just got so taffled up in all that fur, so I tried (in my wisdom) to cut it out with nail scissors, which then got stuck in the wax! So I had to then get a bigger pair of scissors, to free the smaller scissors and oh my lord what a mess!

I am qualified, honest - but was still at college at the time!!

Oh, and I forgot to tone during a facial, but that was just a few weeks ago! argh help!

That really made me giggle! especialy the "fur" part :lol::lol::lol:

I went to do a spray tan and the night before I had gave my machine a good clean out. When I went to get my stuff out of my bag I realised I had left my gun, cups and filter sponge at home. I had to call my partner and get him to bring it all to me-I was so embarrassed and gave her a discount. I never had a call back for another spray tan needless to say lol.

Just re-read this post and have seen her a few times now for tans, so clients do understand that we are only human :)

Just re-read this post and have seen her a few times now for tans, so clients do understand that we are only human :)

I bet you checked you had got everything about 6 times before you went to the next one though didn't you lol

I went to sit a nail exam today and forgot to take a nail file!

Latest posts

Back