What's the most embarrassing thing you have forgotten for a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks!

I'm really not feeling very well today been up since 4am with a headache and and nausea and now, just for fun, I got the shakes too :sad:

Anyway I have a very good client who is off on holiday tommorow who I just feel as though I cannot let down. Shes one of my few mobile clients so I am getting ready for her packing up my things and it got me thinking about the the things I have forgotten in the past which made me chuckle :lol:

Usual things are my pen :rolleyes:, orange sticks, mask brush (where I have to then apply the mask with my hands and use loads of tissues to get off them again all the while PRAYING the client doesnt notice). I once forget my top and base coat :smack: now THAT was embarrasing - what made it worse was I had all my polishes!!! The absolute worst thing I have ever done is gone to someones house to do a Paraffin Wax pedicure - and forget the Paraffin Wax heater:!: :eek:

Anyway I'd love to hear your stories about stuff you have forgotten and what you did to try and compensate hopefully you can all cheer me up and make me feel bit better!

Amy

i once forgot my dappen dish , we had to use a tiny metal pot :lol:
and yesterday did a spa pedi and forgot the bloomin rasp!! had to use a file , pmsl , it wa an ezflow one thought so dont think she noticed , haha

I was once doing a bikini wax - lets just say the lady only has it done once a year so you can imagine what it was like! In my panic ( I dont know why i had a panic, I just did!) I forgot to trim before I applied the wax (spatula & pot method) and the wax just got so taffled up in all that fur, so I tried (in my wisdom) to cut it out with nail scissors, which then got stuck in the wax! So I had to then get a bigger pair of scissors, to free the smaller scissors and oh my lord what a mess!

I am qualified, honest - but was still at college at the time!!

Oh, and I forgot to tone during a facial, but that was just a few weeks ago! argh help!

lol see we are all the same , :lol::lol:

I very rarely do mobile visits, so when I do one I check about five times that I have everything. Except for one time when I went to do a leg wax and found I'd forgotten the wax strips. :smack:

I'm sure it's happened to everyone. Well that's what I keep telling myself, and it makes me feel better anyway.

it wast a case of forgetting something but it sure was embarressing....
when i got my first job at a salon after finishing college i had a lady in for a leg wax, so i did my prep, then applied the wax all down one half of the leg, turned round to pick up my wax strip.... the salon had run out!!!:eek: so i had to remove the wax with small eyebrow strips they had left which took ages and apolagise to the client!!
fortunately she was a regular so she found it quite funny. needless to say i left the salon after a short time :cry:

I have been a little under the weather of late and was doing a facial the other day and put on the exfoliant and then used the steamer as normal. Firstly I forgot to place pads over the clients eyes until almost done steaming.. duh! then in my panic I turned off the steamer and proceeded to prepare the oil for the massage .. umm I thought this is gritty today.. double duh! I had just completly forgot to remove the exfoliant.... the client knew what I had done so I made light of it and appologed. Then with the SAME client during her manicure I almost forgot to do the finishing moisturiser on one arm.. this is when she said I must not be 'with it' today.... oh humm.. I am amazed she re-booked :(

She normally gets more than her money's worth and she did on this day too..but its so annoying to do slips like this as it makes you feel so stupid. It ruined the rest of my day... but I am over it now lol!!!

well it wasn't a thing i forgot it was something i forgot to do....

It was a rebalance client....and i had reduced the length on one hand but not the other...:lol: ... she rang me an hour later to say what she thought i had done, i was like.."no way would i be so daft to do that".....then i saw her....ohh yes was i so daft to do that :lol:

well it wasn't a thing i forgot it was something i forgot to do....

It was a rebalance client....and i had reduced the length on one hand but not the other...:lol: ... she rang me an hour later to say what she thought i had done, i was like.."no way would i be so daft to do that".....then i saw her....ohh yes was i so daft to do that :lol:

:lol: :!::!::!:

Ps Nail FX - thats the worst thing is it DOES make you look stupid which is why its so embarrasing. In addition to forgetting things I am also really clumsy.
I have smashed two barbicide jars now by leaning over and catching the tools poking up on the sleeve of my tunic :eek: Clients usually say I get like that when I'm nervous and I'm like no no I swear I'm just REALLY clumsy :o

I think we all need a good :smack: :lol:

Amy

Oh, just remembered another one. I had a client booked in for a top lip, chin and eyebrow wax. Did the treatment, took her money, booked next appointment, she leaves happy.
One hour later, I get a phonecall from her, 'You forgot to do my eyebrows.'
Fortunately she's a friend of mine, so she just laughed about it. :o

i love reading these it makes me realise i aint the only one that has rubbish days :lol:

i once forgot cotton wool for a manicure client

needless to say my client had none either but she did offer me some bounty kitchen towel to use

anyone tried to remove polish with tissue, its damn near impossible!

I've forgotten tip cutters for a new client and also i did a stand at a fashion show and forgot all my nail polishes :eek: Mad rush for my hubby to go fetch them for me :lol:

When i was doing mobile hairdressing (many moons ago:lol:) i went to a clients house to give her a cut nd blow and realised i'd forgoten to put my brushes back in my kit after taking them out to clean. I ended doing the blowdry with my cutting comb ....don't know how i got away with it but she didn't even notice :lol:

Err 2 weeks ago i forgot my gel lamp when i was supposed to be doing gel infils! fortunately i realised just before i put the gel on, and i was only 2 mins away from home so i could nip back and get it.

Then last week i had a new client and i forgot to take my l+p brush with me! ended up doing gels in the end cos it would have taken me half an hour to go back and fetch it and get back.

You name it I have forgotten it, acrylic liquid tweezers, cleanser

I have sometimes had to improvise

Other times had to go home

Other times just said I can't do it

I find having a list for each treatment really handy, you can cross off each product/implement as you go along

Simple but it works some of the time for me!

I forgot to take any wax strips with me when I was doing a friends eyebrows not long after training.
Instead I used a small piece of paper towel which I cut to size, I wouldn't use this all the time though :wink2:. (I had tried it on my arm first to make sure it would remove the wax).

The joy of being completely mobile is that everything lives in bags ready to take out....... The only thing I do regularly is leave my couch roll at a clients house and I never know til I'm at my next clients!!!! Thankfully it's not essential to the process, lmao!

When I was quite new to Brisa I was doing a set of gel toes.

I forgot to remove the shine from the nail plate AND forgot to put the liquid bond on.

When I realised (later that day) I nearly rung her but decided to leave it a few days because she was coming back for a manicure.

They were fine, there never was any lifting - even after 6 weeks. I still break out in a sweat when I think about it:)

I had a friend come over once for a full set of L&Ps ready for her sister's wedding...only I forgot my L&P brush...it was sitting in my desk drawer at work. Duuuh!

Latest posts

Back