What's wrong with my nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tranquility

Reaction score
Hi All
I have a problem with my natural nails. They all have this thick white line going across the nail below the free edge.

I noticed it before but just put new tips on and since taking them off again last night noticed they are worse than before? It is not product and I filed them to make sure, what could it be??

I have taken a photo of one of my nails to show you, sorry the pic isnt brilliant Im no good at photo taking! You can just about make out the white.
Help!

Niki

979Dscf0308.jpg

are they lifting from the nail bed?

Looks like Onycholysis :?:

lesley1965 said:
Looks like Onycholysis :?:
I agree - nail separation from the plate and the bed - read the tutorial on the 'The Sad seperation of Mrs Plate from Mr Bed' - it should help you a lot!!

Thanks for your advice, I have read the tut and believe this has been self inflicted. Ive had problems with half well tips breaking and pulling and havent been as careful as I should taking them off. (I would never treat a client this way so I dont know why I do it to myself) Well I have certainly learnt my lesson there!

Is it safe to have extensions on while this grows out or is it best to leave them off (they are currently off)?

Thanks for all your help I shall now hang my head in shame :(
Niki

tranquility said:
Is it safe to have extensions on while this grows out or is it best to leave them off (they are currently off)? Niki
It is totally safe as long as your enhancements are short and you don't 'proddle' underneith :eek: - keep them painted - after two weeks when you remove your enamel, the onycholysis should have grown out!! I have caused this on myself a number of times (mainly left pinkie) but it always grows back perfectly!!! You'll be fine and no more messing!!! ;) ;)

Thanks youve made me feel so much better!
Niki :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back