What's your best formula for 100% white hair coverage.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to have a discusion on your best formula for great coverage of white hair, any clever tips to give etc...I know this is a big problem for a lot of hairdressers.xxx

I use intensive natural shades eg Wella 88/0 + target shade 15mls of each slightly less peroxide to mix
Or if i only have a 8/0 i would put a bit of 7/0 in to cover better than equal parts target shade + 20 vol.
Under low heat for 35 mins.xxxxx:Love:

Does anyone mix 2 parts base to 1 part fashion colour?:Love:
Or 2 parts fashion colour to 1 part base shade?
Do you use 20 vol or 10 vol for better coverage?
We all do it differently, but we get stuck in our ways and it can be scarey to try different to what is normal to you.

I use Affinage, just use the required shade, if over 50% grey I use a shade darker, plus either 10vol or 20vol depending on depth x

I am too interested in this as i myself have v resistant grey!! On clients i use wella 66/0 and other doubles in varying mixes depending on hair etc but mine just will not cover, the grey just goes translucent!! This time have tried matrix dream age, covered better although i just did a touch up so real test when i have it all over!!

You can try pre softening cuticle before applying colour, use 6% neat on the grey before applying colour, leave for 5 -10 mins, add heat if you have climazon.

Also you can apply adding target base colour mixed with tiny bit of warm water apply to resistant area and leave for 5-10 mins apply target colour.

Pre soften with 6% works well but l'oreal supreme is good too for 100% white hair

You can try pre softening cuticle before applying colour, use 6% neat on the grey before applying colour, leave for 5 -10 mins, add heat if you have climazon.

Also you can apply adding target base colour mixed with tiny bit of warm water apply to resistant area and leave for 5-10 mins apply target colour.
2nd this x

Either use the recommended base tone by your manufacturer.
Shampoo with a clarifying shampoo and dry before colouring.
Reduce the peroxide ratio...instead of 1:1.5 do 1:1.
Leave the tint 10 minutes after mixing to activate before applying and obviously start with the stubborn areas.
And depending on manufacturers instructions...10 vol rather than 20

Latest posts

Back